Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rekniht01 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2006, 06:16 AM
    Singing Pipes
    My pipes have been "singing" lately, especially during the hottest days. Everything outlet (kitchen sink, dishwasher, toilet, lavatory, shower) in the house causes the sound. It occurs mainly with the hot water, but the cold cause it intermittenly Over the weekend we found that the sound travels all the way to the meter.

From my research, I thought there might be a bad washer in a faucet, but since all the outlet cause the sound it makes me fear that it might be something worse.

Thanks
    pinkpanthernot Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2006, 03:55 AM
    Is the "singing" louder at one point than in others or is the sound intensity the same throughout the house?

Jul 25, 2006, 05:32 AM
    It is probably loudest from the kitchen sink.

Jul 27, 2006, 04:48 AM
    Since it happens on both hot and cold running water applications and since it's on hot days, I'm thinking that we're dealing with a metal pipe expansion problem that on warm days causes the pipes to expand and possibly cause a resonant vibration i.e.. singing. Anywhere the pipes pass through the joists and studs could transmit the sound into the house if the pipe is not tight up against the wood as it passes through.

Jul 27, 2006, 05:39 AM
    That was what I was leaning towards as well. Which means the only way to fix it would be to go into the wall, isn't it? I was afraid of that.

Jul 27, 2006, 05:50 AM
    If you have a basement or crawl space, you might be able to access the problem from there-wedge the pipes against the wood with wooden shims.
    unclebourbon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 10:28 AM
    Seenging paipesz

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to get into singing [ 16 Answers ]

Hey I really what to be a singer and that's all I can think of do you now of any ways to get to the singing business I would love to hear what you have to say... p.s want to be a singer really badly! :eek:

Singing career [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to help one of my girlfriends with guidance to a singing career. I was thinking of such options as singing commercial jingles as well as theatrical singing as well... Can someone point me in the proper direction please! Thanks...

Singing Career [ 3 Answers ]

:) Hi I was just wondering if you can please help me get a singing career I write my own songs record them on tape and listen to myself but it's hard to find a career around where I live please help:)

Hey I want a caree in singing [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone one had anyadive on how to get a caree in singing please contact me bac :) this is because my little girl has a wonderful voice but I don't no how to get her out in the open :o

View more questions Search