Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prizedmouse Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2015, 01:55 PM
    Sony action camera replacement part
    I have a sony action camera model

Hdr-as100v

I accidentally dropped it(I know I messed up... )

The back part of the camera that is suppose to lock and hold the battery and memory card together does not lock any more. I have gone through the process to send it in to get repaired and it will cost at the LEAST 166.50

I can fix it myself if I can find the part myself and it would be probably 25% of the cost that they are asking. I bought the camera for around 300 and I could be a brand new one for around 200. Why pay 166 when 40 more dollars could buy a new one?

All I need advice on is where to buy a replacement part. I've looked everywhere and still no luck.

Help me geniuses of the internet!!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 20, 2015, 03:41 PM
    Have you tried contacting sony directly?

Sony eSupport - Electronics - Purchase Replacement Parts & Accessories

Aug 20, 2015, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    I have and they send me to the company that wants the 160 to fix the camera.

Forget what I said I didn't know they had a parts seller on their website but office hours are closed. I will try calling them tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. Thanks cdad!

Aug 21, 2015, 01:13 PM
    Just gave them a call and the gentleman that I talked to knew what he was doing it seemed but for finding the part he was unsuccessful.He told me to call sony to see if they can find the part number and if I get the part number everything would be fine and they could send it to me.When I called sony back they could not find the part number and told me to call the company I just got off the phone with that is the part distributor. Thus ending the circle of frustration.Help?
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 21, 2015, 04:02 PM
    At this point your only options it seems would be to replace with new as you said about the cost or maybe find one that doesnt work but the body is still good and you can take the parts from it that you need.

Another thing you might be able to try it contacting the ones that quoted you the fix for it and get the part number from them ?

Aug 24, 2015, 06:11 PM
    At this point your only options it seems would be to replace with new as you said about the cost or maybe find one that doesnt work but the body is still good and you can take the parts from it that you need.

Another thing you might be able to try it contacting the ones that quoted you the fix for it and get the part number from them ?
    Finally got the part number and when I called the parts distributer they told me just the back door alone costs 160. So I might end up buying a new camera in the long run.
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 24, 2015, 07:40 PM
    Thats bad news but atleast you know now how to navigate a tough system. Keep us posted as to what you are going to do or if you get a new one feel free to come back and post a reveiw of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sony camera lenses [ 1 Answers ]

I was gifted a Sony alpha a77 by my wife and it came with the 16-50mm lens and it focus automatically but does it zooms automatically and if it does how do I change the settings to make it zoom automatically?

Movie that is part live action and part animation [ 1 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie when I was younger and I can't think of the title of the movie. There are different parts I remember, like it starts with a humna boy trying to find something to do because it is raining and all of sudden there is a present and he opens it and its like a toll booth...

70's movie part live action / part cartoon [ 3 Answers ]

It was about a boy who found a dragon (the dragon was the cartoon part) and a family tried to take it away from him. They were trying to make a profit off him or something. Its characters look run-down kind of like chimney sweepers back in the day.

Sony cybershot digital camera [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to download 44 pictures on to my computer. I know how to download pictures but there seem to be a problem with these pictures. They are in an album and not in a folder. How can I download these pictures from the album?

View more questions Search