Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    landersen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2015, 03:44 AM
    While a zoo remodels habitats, where do the animals stay?
    I realize that zoo animals are not always on display, especially in the winter. Where do they stay? Where do they stay while a zoo remodels habitats? Are some sent to other zoos temporarily? Are they housed in a building at the zoo?

Thank you for your assistance.
    Linda A.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 10, 2015, 07:10 AM
    It can depend, at our local zoo, they were rebuilding the outdoor area, so those animals merely stayed inside. (most outdoor areas have indoor areas attached for various uses of the animals)

In another case, a small temporary location was made for them. Other times merely caged in small areas while the work is done.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 10, 2015, 07:29 AM
    I can't speak for ALL the zoos in the world, but in my city they've got a ranch outside of the city limits that houses some animals when their enclosures are being refurbished. Which a lot are because of a HUGE flood that happened two years ago. They might still be housed at the zoo in your city but I would find it more logical that they have an offsite facility that can house the animals.

Some animals, if they can't house them in any of the onsite/offsite zoo habitats are relocated temporarily to other zoos. That is rarer then you think.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s/90s Animated Film Where Boy Repaints the Animals in the Zoo [ 0 Answers ]

Okay.. So, there's this movie that I can see in my head, but I cannot for the life of me remember the title of it! It's driving me crazy! Okay, so it's an animated film from either the late 80s or 90s. It takes place at a zoo and somehow, I think some adult does this somehow, all the color from the...

Are electrical plans required for remodels or new homes? [ 2 Answers ]

NEC: 215.5 Diagrams of Feeders If required by the authority having jurisdiction, a diagram showing feeder details shall be provided prior to the installation of the feeders. Such a diagram shall show the area in square feet of the building or other structure supplied by each feeder, the total...

Zoo [ 1 Answers ]

What aspects of biology am I most likely to observe in a zoo?

View more questions Search