Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yellobad24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 07:07 AM
    My boyfriend has a 3 gay friends is he down low or secretly gay?
    Well I been on and off with my boyfriend for 7 years. I have always thought he was very manly. Until I met Charley his openly gay friend. He and Charley have known one another for about 10 plus years.There have been rumors from family members, friends, and the mother of his two kids that he and Charley have had sex.

I have asked him about it and he doesn't really get angry. He acts like he thinks it's funny. I try to convince to admit it but all he does is look mad and say it's not true. He says “I love p***y". I have also asked Charley and he doesn't answer. Or he hangs up on me over the phone or in person he will laugh as well. I don't know what to think our sex is great and everything and he seems pretty straight but he also has other gay friends who don't really talk to me but tolerate me.

I need help?
    durpstick Posts: 34, Reputation: 8

Jun 28, 2012, 07:45 AM
    He might be, but I doubt he is. In this day and age staying in the closet is just... impractical.
    WisperWill70 Posts: 277, Reputation: 84

Jun 28, 2012, 10:59 AM
    Lots of guys have gay friends. Doesn't mean he's gay. If he says no, or laughs it off - and your sex life is great - what's your problem? Are you looking for reasons to get rid of him?
    mearbhall Posts: 41, Reputation: 16

Jun 28, 2012, 01:05 PM
    Sounds to me like he's just comfortable in his own, heterosexual, skin!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 28, 2012, 01:37 PM
    What help exactly do you need?
    The way you write about this, I'm not surprised that the gay friends just tolerate you. Lighten up and start having some fun with them. If there's any stereotypes still around about gay men, it's that they know how to have more fun.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 28, 2012, 02:18 PM
    The fact that there are a lot of men on the down low is real cause for your concern especially if family members have talked about it. There are men who are on the downlow and have good sex with their women, then their women end up with AIDS or some other STD.
    I hope he is being honest. I'm sure he would question you if you had lesbian friends and he was hearing things from your family and were hanging out with them and they ignored or tolerated him.
    You've been on and off with him for 7 years, that is a long time. Why the on and off?
    WisperWill70 Posts: 277, Reputation: 84

Jun 28, 2012, 02:27 PM
    STRAIGHT guys cheat on their girlfriends and bring home STDs and AIDS too... so... there's that.

If you don't have trust in fidelity... no matter the sexual orientation of your partner, you have some talking to do.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 28, 2012, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WisperWill70 View Post
    STRAIGHT guys cheat on their girlfriends and bring home STDs and AIDS too... so... there's that.

if you don't have trust in fidelity... no matter the sexual orientation of your partner, you have some talking to do.
    Yes they do, but dealing with a man on the down low is in my opinion a double deceit
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 28, 2012, 02:59 PM
    I don't get this notion of 'trying to convince him to admit it.' First of all, you are going on rumors. Second, he says he hasn't, so why are you trying to get him to 'admit' it? You WANT him to break down and say yes even when he says it isn't true? Do you see how bizarre that sounds? What if he does say he did it? What will you do? What if you get some proof elsewhere, like a photograph (that hasn't been Photoshopped)?
    He's your boyfriend. You don't know what he has or hasn't done. End of story. Take it or leave it.
    brightboatswain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Calm down and take a chill pill. Friends are friends regardless of race, creed sex or color. These are his best friends and apparently they have a trust and a respect for one another. I agree, you should try to open your world and get to know them as people and as his friends. Open your world, there is a lot you can learn by being more acceptance of people, whether they are gay , straight, rich poor, I think gays have more to offer than just SEX... it's more to people than the sexual organs... geeesh!
    msdebdardx4 Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Jul 2, 2012, 09:10 AM
    You are right to be concerned. Please check out some of the videos on YouTube about people with AIDS. Listen to their stories. If you think your boyfriend is on the downlow, then be very careful, and take precautions. The best precaution would be abstinence. After abstinence would be condoms with a spermicide, but I am sure you know that condoms break, so a condom does not protect you totally form sexually transmitted diseases whether your boyfriend is gay, bi, or staraight.
    ITHURTS0726 Posts: 14, Reputation: -1

Apr 1, 2013, 10:17 AM
    YEAAAA... he might be gay! A couple gay friends?. yeaaa
    garboozle Posts: 139, Reputation: -5

Apr 1, 2013, 11:14 AM
    Try to get to the bottom of it on your own. Look through text messages of his or try to find out his email password.

They're in a relationship together, so why shouldn't she be able to help herself to his text messages and emails? It wouldn't bother me, if my future partner went through my messages.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 1, 2013, 12:49 PM
    If your gf/bf gives your permission, that is one thing. It is quite another to just go snooping in their messages and email. I would not dream of going through my man's texts nor would I appreciate him going through mine. That is invasion of privacy.
    garboozle Posts: 139, Reputation: -5

Apr 2, 2013, 01:33 AM
    Personally I'd prefer my girlfriend to HAVE my phone, that way she could see the text messages as I get them and she can decide rather or not I need to know about them or reply to them.

In this scenario you have to admit something seems kind of off, and if your boyfriend is gay, you being his girlfriend, have the right to find out. If you can get a glimpse of his phone without him knowing, I say go for it.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 2, 2013, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by garboozle View Post
    Personally I'd prefer my girlfriend to HAVE my phone, that way she could see the text messages as I get them and she can decide rather or not I need to know about them or reply to them.

In this scenario you have to admit something seems kind of off, and if your boyfriend is gay, you being his girlfriend, have the right to find out. If you can get a glimpse of his phone without him knowing, I say go for it.
    So you think a person ought to decide for you, whether you should receive a phone call or a text? You are an adult right? Why would you give a woman that much power? Don't you have the sense to decide who you will and won't talk to?
    If she thinks her boy friend is gay and is not satisfied with the answer he has given, she should leave him, not invade his privacy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A gay marrying a gal without telling her he is a gay [ 5 Answers ]

This happened a in India, where a NRI married their GAY son with an innocent girl who didn't know that guy is a gay. After the arrange marriage Guy started behaving badly with the Girl and told her that he is a GAY. Her marriage was not registered and both parties agreed to nullify the marriage. ...

Is he secretly gay! [ 49 Answers ]

So one day I'm in a chat with one of my friends this guys lets call him D well d' invites people from his list and I start talking to one of his friends (lets call him T) online so I never seen him before but he go's to my friend d's college so we talk this goes on for like 3 years we just...

Do I start with my gay friend or my gay friends crush? [ 4 Answers ]

How it happened: Me an my gay best friend Bill(names have been changed) are in the same class as his crush, Dave a feminine guy that everyone likes. He's funny an the perfect guy bill has been waiting for(he tells me but I've heard it before:rolleyes: ) and when bill gets giddy I get giddy. ...

My gay friends tell me my new love interest is gay [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Im new to this service. I am a 32 year old female, who has been dating a 26 year old guy for about 2 months. I met him about a year ago, and up until 2 months ago, really only hung out with him with our other friends. We both knew there was something there, had not had the...

View more questions Search