Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Jul 6, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Righthearted,

Can you please give us details concerning your break-up with this girl?

How long have you been together and how long has it been since you broke up?

Why did you break up? What happened?

What did she do afterwards?

For how long has she known this new guy she's with?

Thanks.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 6, 2007, 01:59 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...archid=1536002
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Jul 6, 2007, 02:39 PM
    OK. I get it now.

Stay away from her! :rolleyes:
    Righthearted Posts: 143, Reputation: 4

Jul 8, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Can you please give us details concerning your break-up with this girl?
    - we were together for almost 2 years, always together she was very much dependent on me. She tells me that she can't continue being together because she didn't see a future for us
    How long have you been together and how long has it been since you broke up?
    - we broke up almost 2 months ago, but we really never went no contact.
    Why did you break up? What happened?
    - we broke up mostly I think because she's young (22) just out of college, not too many friends or own interests.
    What did she do afterwards?
    - started dating, going out with other guys, then she tells me that she's in love with some guy 2 hours away who has his own baggage.
    For how long has she known this new guy she's with?
    - a little over a month, but they've only seen each other 4x (long distance)
    Thanks.

thanks for your advice - in advance

Jul 11, 2007, 07:39 AM
    - UPDATE -
    So my EX tells me that she made a mistake and that she wants to try again. I don't know how I feel about things. She tells me that she misses me and that's when I tell her that I missed her for 3 months and now feel like I don't know if things can ever be the same again. I told her I didn't know how I felt, but that we can take things reeeeally slowly.
    Thoughts?

Jul 11, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Second Chances? This is all new to me.
    - UPDATE -
    So my EX tells me that she made a mistake and that she wants to try again. I don't know how I feel about things. She tells me that she misses me and that's when I tell her that I missed her for 3 months and now feel like I don't know if things can ever be the same again. I told her I didn't know how I felt, but that we can take things reeeeally slowly.
    Thoughts? What are other peoples experiences?
    Expert

Jul 11, 2007, 09:27 AM
    So I guess she found out that it wouldn't work with the ex, and since your still on the string SHE'S BAAAAACK!!
    Ain't that much love in the world, to crawl out of the crap hole and then want to crawl back.
    In this case, slow is for turtles, and you need to take the time, without pressure from her, to evaluate your feelings AFTER you are healthy enough to think clearly, and make a good decision. She didn't take the time to get over the ex, and then you came along, and she still went back to the ex, and now she wants you back. This is insanity, and you should want no part of it, unless you are as crazy and confused as she is. Get off this string, as she is not ready for a real relationship, but does need to get herself together. So unless your happy being a rebound AGAIN, and a crutch for her confusion, you need to leave her alone for a long while, and get your own life without her.

Jul 11, 2007, 10:27 AM
    So I guess she found out that it wouldn't work with the ex, and since your still on the string SHE'S BAAAAACK!
    Ain't that much love in the world, to crawl out of the crap hole and then want to crawl back.
    In this case, slow is for turtles, and you need to take the time, without pressure from her, to evaluate your feelings AFTER you are healthy enough to think clearly, and make a good decision. She didn't take the time to get over the ex, and then you came along, and she still went back to the ex, and now she wants you back. This is insanity, and you should want no part of it, unless you are as crazy and confused as she is. Get off this string, as she is not ready for a real relationship, but does need to get herself together. So unless your happy being a rebound AGAIN, and a crutch for her confusion, you need to leave her alone for a long while, and get your own life without her.
    I think there's some confusion. She didn't go back to an EX. We broke up almost 3 months ago after being together for almost 2 years. She dated during that time; I didn't. Now she tells me that she made a mistake and wants to try again. I told her that I don't know what I want now, and that we need to take things slow, as far as reestablishing anything.
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Jul 11, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Well, why did you break up the first time?

Jul 11, 2007, 10:43 AM
    She's younger (22), and was unsure about our future. Basically didn't know if I was the one she wanted to settle down with.
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Jul 11, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Well maybe now she has it all out of her system, I mean maybe she is ready to settle down and be committed.

This is a total coin flip in my opinion! 50/50 I know I have taken people back into my life before and it has ruained whatever friendship we might have had. I thought they might be differnet or they might have changed, but low and behold they had put this wonderful front up and I fell for it and got my heart stepped on!

But at the same time the guy I am with right now (he just turned 24, and I am younger) we were seeing each other a few years ago but he said that I was too young to know what I wanted and that things would never work out, so he called it quits and we didn't talk to each other again... I was heart broken as you can imagine. I really wanted to be with him.

But then last year the falme was reunited and we have been together just over a year now and we are incredibly happy!! When we got together officially as a couple he apologized for brushing me off but I thanked him for what he did! If we would have been together then things would have never worked out
    SuperFudd Posts: 16, Reputation: 4

Jul 11, 2007, 11:27 AM
    I agree... she could've gotten it all out of her system and is ready to settle. Or she could get back together and remember what it was that made her want to be "free". I've never really had good experiences with taking ex's back, but I always do it. I think you're going about it the right way and go VEEERY slowly. Make sure she knows what she wants. If she ends up wanting you, then things can be the same and even better than they were.
    Expert

Jul 11, 2007, 02:00 PM
    My reference was to the guy she was dating, sorry to confuse you. I still think you both need down time from any relationship for now. Sorry, but neither of you sounds very healthy emotionally right now.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Jul 11, 2007, 11:31 PM
    Listen Rigt heart your in for one hell of a shock but this is what has happened...

She decided she didn't want you she wanted this other dude probably cause sghe didn't see hiu very often girls who are 22 love guys who are never around its called missing them not loving them. She doesn't love you she misseds you and you know what it obviously didn't work with the other guy you know why he was to far away so that's why she came running back ti you but this will happen again in about 3 montrhs I gaarantee you that let her go . I know you won't you will take it slow and steady because you still want her.

You are best bet would be ti do this aktough MORALLY wrong get back with her don't give her all your time just here and there and while you are with her be on the look out for another hot girl and when you find her leave the ex you will feel mnuch better with a new girl and she will respect you more and you will be able to get one easier while you have this current one and then you can use her a s the back up plan/. Its unheaklthy but your heart won't heart as much and when you find the new girl you will be fine anbdstuff her
    Expert

Jul 12, 2007, 10:09 PM
    There is no way you can convince me she has left this other guy and wants to be back with you after only a few days.
    I'm in the wedding party and believe it or not we're sitting together at the same table.
    Did something happen that we need to know??

Jul 13, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Nothing happened, she told me a couple of days after the wedding that she made a mistake and wanted to try again. That's when I said that we would need to go slowly with things- that I'm not sure how I feel anymore and that we would need to work on things that needed to be worked on. (i.e. spending all our time together, dependency, her not being able to have her own identity).
    We'll see what happens.

Jul 31, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Is It Wrong?
    Is it wrong to read a current/ex's emails without them knowing it?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Yes. That is a HUGE invasion of privacy.

Why do you feel the need to invade their privacy? How would you feel if you found your current partner or ex was reading your emails?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 31, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Not only is it wrong, but it may be illegal. Unauthorized access to a private computer system violates US Federal law.
    '
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 08:10 AM
    That's wrong every way that you look at it. Not only is it illegal, but you are also MAJORLY violating personal space...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants a break/space and doesn't know why. [ 174 Answers ]

Hi, I've been with my girlfriend for 1.5 yrs. Everything was great for over a yr. its been about 1.5 months now she's hasent been acting herself. We had some fights and stuff, but we never fought before so its only normal. Anyway, 2 weeks ago she came out of now where saying she wants to break up...

Girlfriend Wants Space.. . Help [ 75 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been with each for on an off 2 an half years. We spend a lot of time with each other and share lots of things in common, our relationship bar a few issues was extremely healthy, we both love each other, care for each other, both faithful and have lots of laughs, she's my...

I need help... my girlfriend of a 1 1/2 yr. Says she needs her space [ 9 Answers ]

Well let me start by saying that we have been together now for a year and a half and we both love each other very much. But she went to a concert just a week ago and got drunk and kissed another guy at the bar. And I know for a fact that's all that happened!! But I don't know if she was going to...

Girlfriend wants space [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. I moved out of my apartment to move in with her. She has a special needs child and I have done everything I can to be an excellent parent for him. She has been alone for 7 years now and he has never had a father figure around. But we got...

Girlfriend wants space [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. I moved out of my apartment to move in with her. She has a special needs child and I have done everything I can to be an excellent parent for him. She has been alone for 7 years now and he has never had a father figure around. But we got...

View more questions Search