Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quentin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 06:10 PM
    Real Estate Broker disclosure obligations
    In New York state, must a broker (or landlord) disclose that a deceased person's ashes are buried on the grounds (of a country house for rent)?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2006, 05:45 AM
    The NY State Dept of Health says
    "You may also dispose of the cremains in any manner that complies with local health department or other regulations."
    ... so legally, it's a local issue.

I couldn't find an answer addressing whether an owner or agent is required to disclose, but my R/E knowledge leads me to think "No"

Even if someone "broke the law" in burying them there, I don't see that a case could be made that it's knowledge would affect the transaction; That is, be a detriment that a new owner needs to be aware of.

If you don't get a firmer answer, try the NY City Dept of Consumer Affairs. They've got some info here, but don't say what is acceptable for ashes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real Estate [ 3 Answers ]

Does any one here know about real estate. I'm wondering which aspect of the whole career is best as in buying a house fixing it up and selling or going through companies. Or if they are two totally different things in all. Just any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Real estate disclosure laws regarding meth labs [ 2 Answers ]

I had just purchased a home in may. I had just now gotten the sellers disclosure papers this month. On the disclosure papers she had lied about some things. To be more specific. The very first day we moved in our sewer system backed up when I ran the dishwasher. This information was not disclosed...

Real Estate [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: How do I find out whether a real estate broker is licensed?

View more questions Search