Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xearthprincessx Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Continuous Spotting And Brown Discharge.
    It all started the 2nd of sept. 07, I started noticing slight spotting, hardly enough to touch my panty-liner, but enough to be on the tissue when I wipe. My pd was due in about 4 days after this started so I thought that this was it, since my periods have been irregular since I started an I've been told by doctors that this is normal. Anwyz.. 2 weeks passed an the spotting/brownish discharge continued, so I did some research an thought I might have been pregnant.. did 3 home tests an 1 blood test an all came out NEGATIVE. However the spotting/brownish discharge started coming off an on for a few weeks up until oct. 11th.. then my regular pd started. My usual pd would last 5-6 days, this time however it lasted almost 9 days.

After my pd ended.. the spotting went away, BUT started 2 days later again, now I'm still having it, only now it's not really spotting, it discharging enough to actually full almost half the panty-liner, an it's more of a red color than a pink/brownish color.

BTW.. within this timeframe of all this happening, I've visited the doctor an I've been told to take 324mg Iron 3 times daily for six weeks, and then return for another check up.

I don't think that my problem is lacking iron, but I don't know what is wrong either.. PLEASE HELP!
    rinee_sam Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 11:59 PM

Has your spotting stopped?if yes please answer how.I am facing same problem too
    whitesnake666 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 06:56 PM

I can't figure out how to ask the right question, so sorry if it shows up wrong.

my period just stopped a couple days ago, and I'm having a light brown dis charge, usually when its that it'll stop the day after my period ends because of old blood. I just started birth control for the first time this month, and I use a condom every time I have sex. [I've also only had one sexual partner] What could it be?

Nov 5, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rinee_sam View Post
    has ur spotting stopped?if yes please answer how.i am facing same problem too

hello RINEE_SAM, since i posted this Question my spotting continued. i went to many, MANY doctors an they prescribed sonograms but i couldn't go through with that b/c i can't afford it. anywys i decided to go w/ the easiest route tha i knew could have stopped my spotting. i started birth control. at the beginning of january of 2008 i started an stopped at the end of march 2008. my spotten stopped, :) for a few months, but started back recently in beginning of october, an continued since. :mad: :confused:

however i did start the pill again beginning of november... :( an im planning on continuing for 2 - 3 months..

i do suggest that you do LOTS of research, and GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR. cause from what i've found out, the spotting could be a result of either hormonal deficiencies to fibroids.. :(

Nov 5, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesnake666 View Post
    I can't figure out how to ask the right question, so sorry if it shows up wrong.

my period just stopped a couple days ago, and I'm having a light brown dis charge, usually when its that it'll stop the day after my period ends because of old blood. I just started birth control for the first time this month, and I use a condom every time I have sex. [I've also only had one sexual partner] What could it be?

from what i understand from goen to the doctor, it could be a few things, some of which could be hormonal or fibroids.. :(
    x_midnight Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xearthprincessx View Post
    hello RINEE_SAM, since i posted this Question my spotting continued. i went to many, MANY doctors an they prescribed sonograms but i couldn't go through with that b/c i can't afford it. anywys i decided to go w/ the easiest route tha i knew could have stopped my spotting. i started birth control. at the beginning of january of 2008 i started an stopped at the end of march 2008. my spotten stopped, :) for a few months, but started back recently in beginning of october, an continued since. :mad: :confused:

however i did start the pill again beginning of november... :( an im planning on continuing for 2 - 3 months..

i do suggest that you do LOTS of research, and GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR. cause from what i've found out, the spotting could be a result of either hormonal deficiencies to fibroids.. :(

I'm kind of having the same problem.
    I've been spotting for a while everyday now & I did a pregnant. Test but it came out negative.
    & I just wanted to know.. did you start using birth control pills just like that or you started taking them when you were in your period?
    Cause I know you're supposed to take them on your first day of period.

Jan 12, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by x_midnight View Post
    im kinda having the same problem.
    ive been spotting for a while everyday now & i did a preg. test but it came out negative.
    & i just wanted to know..did you start using birth control pills just like that or you started taking them when you were in your period?
    cause i know you're supposed to take them on your first day of period.
    yea initially when i first started spotting i thought that i was pregnant also, so i ran ALL tests possible to find out if i was.. lol.. but eventually i figured that it was some sort of problem.

as for when i started the pill, i had just finished my pd. the week before i got my prescription. and it was a few days before the 1st of the next month. so i waited for the first and then started the pill on the 1st of the month. my DR said nothing about taking them on the 1st day of your pd.
    Madhumita007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2012, 02:25 AM
    Hi I am Madhumita. I had my last pd as on 13th Sept'12 and till date my pd's hv nt come but there is slight spotting and a light bleeding started from today i.e. 18th Oct'12. I have done a pregnancy test yesterday i.e. 17th Oct'12 but the result is negative. Can anybody suggest me do I still have a chance to get pregnant??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular period, spotting, brown discharge [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. I am 19 years old and have been getting irregular periods since the time I began mentruating (age 13). I went to see a gyno about a yr ago and she said it was due hormonal imbalances and should go away with age. She also told me to keep a diary of how long each of my cycles last. I get...

Spotting and brown discharge; virgin [ 3 Answers ]

I made a similar topic before, but some things have changed since. I'm still a virgin, still 16, and right now I should be in the middle of my cycle. I'm experiencing spotting and brown discharge right now. I had the same spotting and brown discharge instead of periods the last two times. I'm...

Brown spotting [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm a newbie. My periods are fairly irregular and was due my last around 23/01/2006. On the 26/01/2006 I had brown spotting very light and no red flow at all which lasted for 9 days! I visited my GP on 7/02/2006 and he told me to get a blood test done the following day to check my hormone...

Brown spotting [ 2 Answers ]

I have brown spotting and I had my period last week.. what may this be caused from?

Brown spotting [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 21 years old and have been having fairly regular periods. But lately I've been getting brown spotting for 2-3 days before actually getting my periods, which are still regular. I also get my usual menstrual cramps when I get this brown spotting itself. The brown spotting is also smelly and...

View more questions Search