Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zippo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Whirlpool side by side with water leak in freezer door
    I have a side by side with water and ice in the door. There is water seeping from the door into the bottom of the freezer side. About every week or so it is built up enough that it leaks out onto the floor. I remove the ice block that has formed in the bottom of the freezer and the cycle repeats. I think that I have determined that the leak is in the water supply hose going up through the hinge area to the dispenser. I don't know how to get inside the door to repair or replace the tubing. Can anyone help me?
    Thanks
    Guinness683 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Oct 26, 2007, 08:20 AM
    You will have to remove the control panel,(two screws)and slide upwards and disconnect wiring connectors. At the back of the water nozzle the is a screw holding it in position,remove. Undo the two screws holing on the front plinth and you will find a water connector, disconnect the hose from the door side. Back op to the controls now and gentle pull on the nozzle and it will slide out of the door. Fitting the new nozzle kit ( available from Whirlpool)is a reversal of above. Hope that makes sense to you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freezer door won't close flush on side-by-side [ 1 Answers ]

I have a side-by-side freezer/fridge. The storage shelves on the freezer door "hit" the mullion wall when closing and the door won't seal, at the top, once shut. How can I adjust the door to get it to seal, even if I can't stop the storage bin from hitting while shutting?:

Maytag Side-by-Side Freezer ice buildup on floor of freezer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a five year old Maytag side-by-side #MSD2754GR. I have had this problem for the last four years and have cleaned out the clogged drain plug each year myself. Seems that the ice buildup is coming somewhere else since water is not dripping down the back. Yes, it is humid and we are using...

2 month old 1,100.00 Whirlpool refrigerator dripping water on freezer side only. [ 1 Answers ]

Our problem is we have water dripping down the back wall of the freezer to the bottom tray. The water is not hitting the floor yet. Hopefully we caught it soon enough. This is happening in our new whirlpool model #ED5HGXSB00 that we bought 2-3 months ago from Best Buy. It is a side by side...

View more questions Search