Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StratLou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2010, 08:22 PM
    Craftsman garage door opener keeps opening when trying to close...
    It's as if there's something between the two eye beam fixtures at the bottom of the door. Opens fine. But try to close and it reverses direction immediately. The only way to close it is by holding the button until the door is all the way down. The unit is from May '94, is 1/2 hp, model#(?) is HBW0777 or 41A4315-7A.

Thanks if anyone can help,

Lou
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2010, 07:14 AM

Lou -
    I think you're on the right track. Try these steps to get it working again.
    1. Clean the lens of the eye beam units on both sides of the door
      Use a Q-Tip dipped in water or alcohol
    2. Make sure the eye beam units are aligned
      This doesn't have to be exact...just eyeball it or use a string to check the alignment.
    3. Make sure the wires are attached on the back of the motor unit
      And also that the wires on the back of the eye beam units are intact.

Surely one of these steps will do the trick.

Hope this helps.
    WallyH
    claudianess615 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 06:10 AM
    Dear you may concern with an expert in Garage Door Installation I recommend Evergreen Park Garage Doors
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2012, 06:13 AM
    Claudia, they are in the right place, see if the beam is working by interupting beam with your hand and not the Leds Change, If no change, it is a beam problem.
    Can also be a force adjustment. May need Lube or look for something binding/obstructing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage Door Opener Will Not Close Door. Light Is Flashing. [ 16 Answers ]

Garage door opener does not close door. Light is flashing and there no obstructions in sensors. Chester

Garage door opener too close. [ 10 Answers ]

Replaced my old garage door with a new roll up one and now can not open the door full as the opener is not far enough to pull the door all the way. Opener is in from of a support beam for 2nd floor. Any Ideas or work around??

Garage door opener won't open w/ remote, but it does close it, why ? Thanks [ 2 Answers ]

I do have a Craftsman 41A4315-7D. The garage door opener does not open with the remote, but it does close it with the remote. I do not understand why. It is the same button to open or close. The gate does work properly when I operate it from the wall : it opens and close normally, but I could...

Garage door opener prevents door from opening all the way -- how to fix? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I moved into a house three months ago and we didn't realize this problem before we bought it. I'm trying to solve a problem with an existing garage door and Genie opener which due to the amount of backroom along the tracks, doesn't allow me to open the garage door the full length...

View more questions Search