Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikifor0 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Non-resident taxes - collect fees
    I would like to ask about the collecting the fees for filling 1040NR. I start a small company offering service for non-residents to file on their behalf the TAX RETURNS 1040NR mostly. Most other companies deduct the fee for the service from the IRS refunds before sending to the client. How I can do that as well? Is it doable to receive the cheques from IRS to Bank of America and using Power of Attorney to cash the cheque, then deduct the fee for the service and issuing personal cheque which to send to the client? Is there another way to do so?
    Thank you very much in advance
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 8, 2007, 02:08 PM
    This IS a process by which you can do that (deduct your fee from the refund), but it is linked to the use of Refund Anticipation Loans, which I do NOT offer as I view them as a rip-off.

So I am really not in the position to answer!
    nikifor0 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Thank you for your reply. However is there any other legal way of collecting service fee which to deduct from the refund and send the taxpayer the rest of it? There should be some way I just want to find out. I will appreciate any help on this topic!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 8, 2007, 07:58 PM
    The IRS typically will not send you a portion of the refund unless you can so that you have advanced the refund to the client.

Sorry, I really cannot help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Claiming Attorney fees from Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am a first time home buyer. Last year when I purchased the house, I paid attorney fees. During Purchase and Sale I paid $150 to one Real estate attorney and during Closing I paid $600 to another attorney + $25 postage charges to closing attorney. My question is can I claim these expenses as...

NJ Resident with NYC job - Taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently was offered a new job in NYC. Currently I work in NJ. How do I figure out what is a comparable salary in NYC since I would have to pay NJ, NYC, and NY State taxes so that my take home pay is at minimum the same. Currently I make about $55,000 in NJ. What would my NYC salary need to...

Non-resident: refund of taxes withheld on W2 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm here becaues I'm in need for help about my tax return for 2004 since I find myself in a strange situation. I'm an Italian living in Italy but I've been working during all of 2004 for a US company (telecommuting from Italy) that now issued me a W2 with all the wages that I earned...

Non-resident fees [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.  I am a student and an aspiring seasoned traveler.  The only problem?  I cannot afford to pay non-resident fees every time I want to move out of a state. Any suggestions on how to get around this?  Financial aide I can apply for?  If not, become a resident? Please help!! Thank you for your...

View more questions Search