Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigdaddy931 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2006, 01:36 PM
    19hp briggs new carb and stalls
    Hi all new to the fourum I have a question I hope you all can help. I have a murray lawn tractor with a 19 hp briggs. I put a new carb on it and the tractor runs but stalls under a load like it is running out of fuel. When I inspected the carb the bowl was full of gas and clean. The mechanic I took it too said that the motor is bad that the valves were sticking this don't sound right because it runs fine till you go to cut with it and eventually it stalls. I figure it's a fuel issue due to the fact I can keep the motor running with starter fluid and eventually it will catch again and run on it's own fuel help please.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2006, 08:49 PM
    Doesn't have a fuel pump?

If not, then its just gravity fed then... make sure your getting good fuel flow to the carb. Did you install a new carb hoping it would solve this?
    bigdaddy931 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2006, 04:56 AM
    Hopefully when I get the machine home today I will be able to go over everytihng if you can think of anything else I would appreciate it.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2006, 12:44 PM
    Well even with the fuel pump, make sure its getting good flow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs&Stratton Pulsa Jet Carb problems [ 9 Answers ]

I'm having trouble starting an older aerator with a B&S 3.5hp horizontal shaft engine with a Pulsa Jet carb. I've changed diaphragm, and carb-to-fuel tank gasket. It can be started and run on starter fluid, but doesn't seem to pump gas into carburetor. What else to look for?

Wright Sentar 19hp Kawasaki No pwr to switch [ 2 Answers ]

I need help... My mower died while mowing and during many attempts to start it back my switch quit working. Nothing happens. No power to the switch on the yellow altenator wire(the hot). Fuses are okay. No pwr to either side of the fuse, either. Jumpered out the deadman switch and the brake...

Carb tuning a 12hp Briggs (non-OHV) [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new member who recently purchased a used Montgomery Wards riding mower (serial no.TMC 36937A/K219H). The mower had recently been painted- over red (poorly), so the ser. no. could be slightly off. I am experiencing difficulties in properly tuning the carb (i.e. the governor is kicking in @...

Scotts 19hp briggs [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older scotts (1998) mower with hydrostatic tranny that sat for a year and I'm now rehabbing it. Two years ago it was having intermittent starting problems where the ingnition lights on the dashboard would light up, but it would not spin the starter even with a hot battery. I suspected...

94 skylark stalls [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 94 Buick Skylark which has started stalling when I come to a stop. It only does it after maintaining a constant speed (hiway and such) and come to a complete stop. After it stops it stutters and dies. It will start right back in either park or neutral, but when shifted into a "movement"...

View more questions Search