Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FairyWings Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2006, 01:16 PM
    Working on school website from home
    Hi,
    I'm new to this, so I hope this isn't a stupid question! I'm going to be working on the website for the school where I work. Is it possible to access the site to work on it from home, or is it something that has to be done from the same computer at all times? I'll be using FrontPage, which I have on my home computer. Thanks!
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Aug 13, 2006, 02:21 PM
    Thank you for posting your question to the Ask Me Help Desk.

Most school districts that I am familiar with allow this to be done.

I would recommend talking with your network administrator or webmaster in the district and make sure that the district has FrontPage extensions set up. Not all districts do but I would bet that most of them do or could at least set it up if they knew teachers would use them.

Let them know that you intend to make updates and changes from home. They should be able to help you set up your home computer with the appropriate directory names, passwords, etc.

Once you are set up you should be able to open your website, click the little icon on your menu bar at the top for editing with FrontPage, enter your user name and password, and begin your updates.

Don't forget to save your work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High School Website (Current and Past Student) [ 6 Answers ]

Where could I find a Website maker for (Current and Past Student) In which they could upload their own pictures, enter their name, and anything they wanted to say? Forum, Blogs, and so on. I wanted to make a High School website.

Working from home? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been looking on the web for a way to make money from home,but to my dismay there are thousands of web sites saying their the ones that can make me rich.Hell one even said I could make 60 million dollars in as many months.To say the least I'm frustrated.I'm looking for a legitimate company...

Seton Home Study School [ 8 Answers ]

This is a Catholic Home School course. I am trying to find out as much about them as can. I have went over almost every line on every page on their site and all of the links. I am trying to find someone that has perhaps had experience with them or know people that have used them.

Tax write-off for working at home. [ 6 Answers ]

I am in the process of moving for my job and the new position will require me to work from my apartment. I have heard ramblings about having certain tax breaks if someone works from their apartment. Anyone know about this. Oh by the way, it's not my own business I will be working for the state...

Home Remodelling Website [ 1 Answers ]

Hai, This is sandeep kumar, I presently building a website which is full of home remodelling topics and I got struck up with keywords and densities that I should do with all my website to provide a useful information to the visitors of my webpage. So , please suggest me some tips regarding...

View more questions Search