Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afghanhound101 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Feeling dizzy in new apartment!
    We recently moved into a new apartment. When we first moved in about 2 months ago, there was a strong paint smell because the landlord repainted the house and he also installed new carpets. For many days I left all the windows open for a few hours and turned on the ventilation/exhaust fans to get rid of the smell. I also noticed that for the first weeks I was allergic to something in the apartment. I had trouble breathing, blocked nasal passages and dizziness/lightheaded. Also, I was unable to sleep most of the nights. These days I'm feeling a little better although I still feel dizzy a lot of the time. The paint smell is still around but I'm starting to suspect it's not paint that I'm smelling rather the carpet is emitting these fumes. I'm thinking of hiring a professional to do an air inspection but that'll cost too much.
    Anyone have any ideas as to what I should do next. I'd appreciate any advice/answers. Thanks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2008, 06:41 PM
    It takes awhile for new carpet smell to gas out.

Hope this helps
    Detox For Health: Your home is your castle.  Or is it?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Carpets outgass for months afterwards sometimes. It all depends on how sensitive you are to these chemicals. Would suggest leaving the windows open as much as possible as that helps by getting in fresh air. With warmer weather you can leave the windows open now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dizzy / unreal feeling when using computer [ 2 Answers ]

My problem started around 6 months ago. I do office work, so I spend from 7 to 10 hours in front of the computer. I don't know if the type of screen has anything to do with it, but I use a MAG flat LCD screen as well as a laptop with LCD screen and I have the problem with both. I never had...

Very dizzy [ 5 Answers ]

Hey So... Recently my throat has been hurting I am had a runny nose and losing my voice. I have a cold but no fever I guess? But I am SO SO SO SO dizzy! Like I turn my head and I get lightheaded. Is that normal to come with these symptoms?

Why Am I Dizzy? [ 2 Answers ]

So it's 8 days after my ovulation date, me and my significant other did the "dew" on the 5th, 3rd day before I ovulated... Now Im dizzy as heck all the time, my breasts are feeling funny but I don't want to sike myself out because my period is also due next week..? :confused:

Dizzy [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29yrs old and my dizzy spells are getting worst, I fainted a few times, I always had this problem but now its getting worst. Sometimes my heart beats fast and I sweat and I forget a lot in school or when someone talks to me. I lose balance a lot and I'm afraid to leave the house, this happen...

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

View more questions Search