Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Teelevy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2015, 04:10 PM
    Child support
    My husband had a baby out of wedlock and the mother is taking him to court for child support, does my income go to child support?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 26, 2015, 04:42 PM
    Where are you? If his income is insufficient then yours can be attached in many jurisdictions.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2015, 06:11 PM
    Rules of support depend on where you are located. Normally they will look at his income and base it off a percent of his. Often around 25 to 30 percent plus part of medical care and perhaps insurance.

So most likely you will be effected in that you will now have to help with more of the bills, he was paying
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 27, 2015, 08:19 AM
    Depending on your location they may consider family income or just his income. You probably won't be required to make payments, they won't garnish your salary for example.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child receiving SSI as child support payments does the child need to claim on taxex [ 0 Answers ]

My daughter is receiving child support benefits from her father who is on SSI disablity. Will she have to claim this on her tax forms as long as she made under 25,000. For the year. Also will her child support benefits continue as long as she is enrolled in a secondary school.

Can child support levy a bank account if you are paying child support weekly [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriends name is on my checking acct. He also has his own account. He is paying weekly child's support from his pay check to the state of NH by court order. Massachusetts child support put a levy on all of my account and all of his account. None of the money ($1669.90) in my account was his. I...

I don't pay child support to mother, but I support my child.. [ 5 Answers ]

I don't pay child support, but I support my child financially.. Example, school materials, clothes, food, active bank account,personal materials, could I still get in trouble with legal issues?

I owe back child support, will child support garnish the whole tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

Will child support garnish the whole tax return?

Can my sons father get out of child support, or back child support? [ 2 Answers ]

The paternity was established for my son at 6 months of age.. will the father have to pay the past 6 months?

View more questions Search