Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Insane09 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Bad working environment
    This is a long story I will try and keep it short. First off a little back ground. I work in an office, last spring my manager went on a leave of absence then in the fall they put a "management trainee" there to help with the work load. A couple of months ago my manager resigned due to health problems. Now the "management trainee" wants to be manager. She is a nice person but she is a liar, underhanded and backstabber. I am not use to working with someone like this and I need help. Here are a couple of things that She is doing/not doing.
    1- Took things out of my office that my ex manager gave me to give to market manager. Gave it to him and has never told me she did. I found this out yesterday by the market manager.
    2- Does not want to do anything work wise. She wants to talk on phone w/friends. If we do have to get her to do something she gets upset with us.
    3- She took a desk calender from my office that hubby gave me. For her desk. I know this because the calender has my hubbies place of work on it (She did this when I was on vacation last December)
    4- Picks on co-workers about their home life. This is causing everyone to get upset, getting short and get hard feelings toward another.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 11:11 AM

Hey it's the office. I work in one! Not everyone gets along. She's your manager, and right now isn't the best time for a power struggle. If it really bothers you that much and other people- make sure you all go in and talk to her so she doesn't think it's just you with the problem. Tell her it's a concern NOT a problem.

Remember: keep your personal life OUT of the office, although it is nice to share little anecdotes but a life story is always best kept outside the office.

Sometimes you just got to kill people with kindness. Trust me there's a couple of people here I'd like to kill.. with kindness.

Sarah
    Insane09 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 11:24 AM
    She is not my manager yet. They told her that they were going to advertise the job to see if they can get someone with more job experience.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane09 View Post
    She is not my manager yet. They told her that they was going to advertise the job to see if they can get someone with more job experience.
    Well then try confronting her or suck it up. Offices are mini highschools made for adults.

Good luck!
    Sarah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hostile environment [ 3 Answers ]

I work at a company that has a very hostile environment. There are two specific co workers who have created this environment and management seems to do very little about it. Person A is someone I dated and learned that he has a very bad temper towards women. Before supervisors, management & HR...

Government and the environment [ 1 Answers ]

What are the ways that government (executive branch, Congress, administrative agencies, the courts) and non-governmental entities (U.S. environmental organizations, the media, political parties, international governmental organizations, transnational advocacy networks, etc) interact with each other...

Working in the health care environment [ 1 Answers ]

Our community health clinics are very busy, at times stressful, and we serve patients who are challenged by income issues, english as a second language, and who are often medically compromised because of lack of preventative care, Write about the skills that help you function well in busy and...

Government vs. Environment [ 2 Answers ]

Should there be an environmental revolution to replace the old system of government with one based more on environmental protection and pro-environmental policies? Why or why not?

View more questions Search