Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelcakes22uk Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Aug 21, 2005, 09:27 AM
    2x 16 week kittens
    My youngest of 2 cats (sachi) was killed by a car on Friday, and my mum thought that she would cheer me up with 2 new 16 week kittens, one male one female, reluctantly I took them, they were obviously very nervous and quiet.
    They were infested with fleas which I have treated them both, and washed them as they weren't kept in clean condition.since I've had them , about a day and a half now, they have had diarrhoea pretty bad, they were pooping all over quite frequently, although their appetites remain good. I've not given them any wet food since they've been here just biscuits (dry food) and water and the frequency has reduced dramatically, but its still quite loose, I thought also about roundworm but the previous owner assures me that they've been wormed.
    What should I do now? They're active and have settled well, they're still a bit nervous if I move towards them too quickly, but apart from that they seem quite well.
    Also, I still have the mother(jinx) of the cat I lost on Friday and she won't come anywhere near the kittens, she just stares at them, and gives a little hiss now and then, will she settle down once she is used to them? She did used to hiss at her daughter at first but it stopped after a month or so.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Hailey,

Lincolnshire, england
    Moekie01 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 12:12 PM
    My cat did the same thing they are just tarritorial tord other cats she will warm up eventually trust me and the kittens you should take them to a vet soon
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 5, 2010, 12:17 PM
    Old thread. Closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kittens due [ 3 Answers ]

My year old cat is due to have her kittens any day now, I was wondering if any one could tell me what signs to look out for

Kittens [ 3 Answers ]

My two weeks old kitten has red pupils. Is that normal?

Kittens! [ 4 Answers ]

How can I make sure my kittens are going to good homes?

Kittens [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my cat gave birth to 6 kittens yesterday at 7.10 am and two were still bourns she in nursing the young very well and she is also looking after her self well. Q. is it o.k for my cat to use the toilet after 30 hours. Q. and do the kittens have fleas as soon as they are born.::confused:

Dog with Kittens [ 4 Answers ]

I adopted a 2 year old German Shepherd/Border Collie mix from the shelter 2 and a half years ago. I have no idea what kind of background she had, but from what I've seen, it's not good. Charlie was in heat when I got her and had her spayed right after. The vet said that by her uterus and mammory...

View more questions Search