Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Weltall88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2003, 03:18 AM
    Will my Neon Tetra (fish) die?
    ?
    I recently bought 10 neon Tetras. I have a fish tank (SpongeBob aquarium), an air pump, and a heater because tropical fish need warmer water.

Ok, when I turn on the air pump, it works fine, but there's this one particular neon Tetra that's being tossed up, then goes back down, then tossed up over and over again by the air pump. Well, I don't know if it likes it or something because it seems to just stay there; none of the other neon Tetras have a problem with the air pump. That one Tetra seems to angle it's body upwards at about 45 when it's out of the air pump.

Will my Tetra eventually die? Is it being hurt or not? Please help...
    bushbob Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jan 21, 2003, 11:37 PM
    For what it's worth, tetra's are not tough fish. Few live very long. Try to move him out of the way of the pump and into a quiet area of the tank. It does not sound good for him though
    B.I.T Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2004, 09:02 AM
    I have neon tetras and yes they are very light fish and they do get tossed about so some thing that me and my girlfriend did was attach a air controller that regulated the amount of air coming in the tank and the other thing that we got was a long blue stone that attaches at the end of the air hose and with that comes out smaller bubbles and they love it they will swim right through it no problem :)i hope that bit of information helps in your problem
    nathanp98 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2004, 07:12 PM
    There are ways to prevent your fish rom being tossed up by the air filter. You can buy an air pump with an air stone attached to the end of it, but it can be very noisy. I have tank of about 14 tetras ( about 5 different types). Try turning the air pump off and checking if that certain fish is still at a 45 degree angle. If it is, it is on the verge of dying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do some fish not need air pumps [ 14 Answers ]

My sister has a goldfish and it doesn't have an air pump in it, but my tank has to have one or all the guppies, tetra, whatever I buy or they will die. Why is that

Towing with 2001 plymouth neon [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know if it would be possible to for me to tow a 1988 Articat Pantera 400cc (Snowmobile), the towing capacity is 1500lbs? :confused:

Fish Ponds [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a house that has a fish small fish pond with a water fall. It seems to have a lot of algae in it. Is there a way that I can clear the water and not hurt the fish or is algae a given and I should expect to live with it. My pond is approximately 6 ft wide and 8 feet long and about 2 feet...

My Neon Tetra [ 3 Answers ]

My new Neon Tetra fish suddenly has a swollen stomach, and is not moving fast anymore what is the problem with her?

View more questions Search