Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Nov 1, 2013, 05:55 PM
    Paintball gun vs. dog
    I actually am at odds with myself for even asking this, but how safe are paintball guns where a dog is concerned? After an incident with my neighbors dog yesterday (not the first time) and animal control having to come out and speak with him I've decided that I may at some point have to have an alternate plan. I know nothing about any kind of firearm, they have always made me a little nervous.
    I just really want to deter him from wandering over into my yard, where I, my daughter, my grandson and my very small dog are frequently out and about.
    So would a paint ball gun do any tissue damage? Hit with enough force to do any skeletal damage? I don't want to punish the dog for having a crappy owner, but this dog stood me down in my front yard and refused to let me off my walkway.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, talking to Mr. Owner will yield nothing, I've already done that.
    He is about 50 pounds and a little thin.
    I'm really just rolling this around at this point while trying to think of other options. I'm a little sad that it has gotten to this.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2013, 05:57 PM
    Hello Lady:

I think shooting the owner with a paint ball is excellent... Aim for the left eye. But, leave his dog alone.

excon
    Cats Expert

Nov 1, 2013, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Lady:

I think shooting the owner with a paint ball is excellent... Aim for the left eye. But, leave his dog alone.

excon
    You have a valid point. I really DON'T want to mess with his dog either.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2013, 06:28 PM
    You Tube-marshmallow gun. Humane, sends them running. Trick- freeze or cool the marshmallows first. 10-15 ft. effective range.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 1, 2013, 06:44 PM
    You might think about an air horn. That would scare the crap out of the dog. As far as a paintball gun it can do damage at close range. Also depending on how aggressive the dog is and depending on the laws of your location you might also consider pepper spray.
    Cats Expert

Nov 1, 2013, 06:52 PM
    Oops! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ma0641 again.

These are really good ideas, I thought about the pepper spray as he was very close and getting closer, but I don't think the owner would take the time to rinse and clean his eyes.
    I really don't want to cause any physical harm.
    I can't believe I didn't think "air horn".
    Thanks guys, I think I'll try that first.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2013, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySam View Post
    Oops! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ma0641 again.
    I had an extra one, so I gave it to ma0641 for you.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2013, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I had an extra one, so I gave it to ma0641 for you.
    You're too sweet! Make sure to use mini-marshmallows.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 1, 2013, 08:55 PM
    Shooting with a pait ball gun is illegal and can get you charged with a crime and responsible for vet bills.
    Cats Expert

Nov 2, 2013, 04:28 AM
    Another valid point, I have actually decided to go get some air horns and try that.
    Hopefully it will not continue to be a problem.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 2, 2013, 04:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySam View Post
    Another valid point, I have actually decided to go get some air horns and try that.
    Hopefully it will not continue to be a problem.
    Good luck with that and as always keep us posted.
    Cats Expert

Nov 2, 2013, 02:08 PM
    Update: Mr Owner comes over to my yard his dog has a wound on his neck, so now he presumes I have shot his dog and accused me of such and is sending the police to my house if he decides that is so. The dog has been out and about in my yard for a while this after noon, I mostly just watched him and he went on his way, no big deal. Of course he doesn't believe that I felt the least bit threatened by his dog and is now calling animal control when my dogs bark.
    I'm am a reasonable person, but this guy just didn't want to hear anything I had to say.
    Edit: I even offered to look at the wound, since well, that's what I do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why will my paintball gun not re-cock? [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a brass eagle t-storm paintball gun. When I shot it, it wouldn't re-cock. You have to keep cocking it back. Any ideas?

80s/90s paintball movie. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking for the name of this movie. The only thing I can remember is that at the end of the movie these two groups go and play paintball and all sorts of funny stuff happens. Like I know that the referee is a really big woman where in one scene she is in a out house and either the outhouse...

80s/90s movie about paintball [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking for the name of this movie. The only thing I can remember is that at the end of the movie these two groups go and play paintball and all sorts of funny stuff happens. Like I know that the referee is a really big woman where in one scene she is in a out house and either the outhouse...

Dog afraid of gun shots [ 2 Answers ]

Well its hunting season down by my house(duck hunting season I think) and since I live right across from a harbour we can hear the gunshots pretty loudly when someone's down there is shooting, now here is the problem rex(my dog) seems to be scared to death of them, when he hears a gunshot he will...

My new paintball gun [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3000 psi tank and a new paintball gun that only can have 1000 psi's can I fill my tank up a third of the way and will my gun still work?

View more questions Search