Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimmiekreynolds Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2010, 06:27 PM
    How long to watch for signs of something wrong?
    My two little dogs (14 and 34 pounds respectively) ate pork rib bones last weekend. How long until you know there might be a problem?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 25, 2010, 08:33 PM
    Moved from CHILDREN to Dogs :confused:
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jul 25, 2010, 08:35 PM

Last week end? Like a week has passed?

They should be fine. If this happens again you can feed them bread, or if they will eat it, you can soak cotton balls in chicken broth and try to feed them the cotton balls to coat the bones. But if a week has passed and there are no symptoms like excessive drooling, no bowel movements, not eating... you should be fine.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2010, 03:59 PM

I agree.. Typically if bones are going to do anything, its within the first 24 hours or sooner.

Dogs bellies are designed to digest bones. The worry part is not the fact it's a bone, but a cooked bone splinters, where as raw bones will break off into chunks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help finding the name of a movie I used to watch a long time ago. [ 1 Answers ]

OK so this is a long shot but I used to watch this movie a long time ago and I cannot remember the name. All I can remember is that its about a little girl and she doesn't like her name (I think its Ira but I'm not sure) and I believe the movie starts with her playing with little toy soldiers. I'm...

Is it wrong to like a guy so long then stop and then like him again? [ 6 Answers ]

There this guy and he is popular and has a lot of friends that are popular and I really like him. He smells good, has great taste in style of clothing, and has a great abbs. I have liked him in the beginning of the school year and I have asked him out but he said no because he had a girlfriend at...

Confusing signs - Am I reading it wrong? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, First post for me. A few months ago I found myself very strongly attracted to a girl I know. You know the usual drill, couldn't stop thinking about here, all that stuff. I kept my feelings to myself at first but I found she seemed to be developing an increased interest in me as...

Very long period, heavy and shows no signs of stopping [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently taking the contraceptive pill, Cerazette, that only contains Progestrogen, and have been since January of '07. I have had a few periods whilst on this, but only when I've missed pills, or been quite late taking one, however on this occasion I haven't missed any or been late at all....

I miss my ex, a long summary thereof, some dreams, some interpretations, some signs [ 5 Answers ]

OK, so this is a very awkward situation... to my friends, its always been "man, do you live in an episode of the oc?" seeing as I have never actually done this, I don't know what to do to receive advice here, so ill just be as truthful as I can remember and go through the whole thing. There are...

View more questions Search