Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2017, 12:00 PM
    Credit Card Math Question
    The cash advance amount is $500.00 the APR rate is 24%. He paid off the amount in 12 days. How much interest did he pay.

24 divided by 365. I think it is 6%

But is it $30.00 interest on the whole $500.00
    Or is it 6% each day of the 12 days?

Poor soul had no health insurance for infant son
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2017, 10:51 AM
    Without reading the specific cash advance wording it is hard to say. 24% APR is $120 per year. You would think 1/12 would be $10 but they may very well have a minimum interest charge due to what they consider processing costs. Cash advance on credit cards is not the way to go. No $$ in a checking account? Borrow from friends or family?
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2017, 11:10 AM
    Thanks appreciate it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which credit card companies only pull equafax to determine credit card worthiness [ 3 Answers ]

What is the easiest or best way to get credit increases on existing credit card

Illinois Credit Card Debt Collection Question [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, An attempt was made to serve me with papers for a credit card debt today. The debt was about $3,000, and I live in Illinois. I recently suffered a wage reduction at work, and my boyfriend moved out, causing my bills to double. Plus, I had an emergency surgery that created additional...

Being sued for credit card debt by law firm representing credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

Well, its happened. I have received a summons for a credit card debt by law firm. I have to go to the county court house to talk with the clerk... (not sure what will happen,never been sued before)If I don't go within 20 days, they say they will start proceedings to garnishing my wages. I do owe...

Problems in not paying a Corporate credit card and also a personal credit card [ 1 Answers ]

1. We are the main share holders in a "S" corp. The corporation is not longer doing business but have an outstanding credit card balance. We are making the mim payments but will not be able any longer. What can be done to us if we stop paying. 2. We also used a personal credit card for this...

Credit card debt question [ 21 Answers ]

Yesterday I was called by FCS, the man on the phone was nice and I want to clear up this old debt(approx.15 year old cc debt). It has not been on my credit report for over 5 years and I to my understanding it has been turned over to this new company. I problem is that I agreed on an amount and...

View more questions Search