Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hliu21 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 10:29 PM
    Bank Levy
    I just had my bank account levied. It was due to a credit card account. My question is, they took out money to satisfy the judgement, does this mean that whenever in the future if I was to deposit more money in the account, it will be withdrawn again ?

Michael
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Sep 20, 2007, 04:21 AM
    If the money they took paid the judgement then no, BUT if you still owe they will get what you put in that account. Go to the bank and look at the banks copy of the amount on the paper work and then you will know
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 20, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Yes, and further deposts would be seized.

Sep 20, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hliu21
    I just had my bank account levied. It was due to a credit card account. My question is, they took out money to satisfy the judgement, does this mean that whenever in the future if I was to deposit more money in the account, it will be withdrawn again ?

Michael
    The levy amount will not pay for the judgement amount. How long will the levy last ? Is there a statue of limitation for levy ? Also, is it possible for me to close my account ? Thanks

Sep 20, 2007, 08:20 AM
    As long as the amount of the garnishment is unpaid

Sep 20, 2007, 12:02 PM
    So what happens if I was to close my account ?

Thanks

Sep 20, 2007, 03:04 PM
    They start looking for another one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Levy [ 5 Answers ]

I had a bank account levied yesterday for $515.00. The creditor advised me that if I went and paid the balance in full, the levy would stop and the bank would release my money that was being held. I did pay it 100% in full last night and have proof of payment, and the creditor confirmed payment...

Bank levy [ 1 Answers ]

Can a levy be place against your bank account if it is joint and the joint account holder is not your spouse. Is it true that adding a child or aanother third party to your account as a trust or co owner will stop the levy because creditors can not seize an account with a third party.

Bank Levy [ 1 Answers ]

Can HOA obtain a garnishment with out sending you anything or letting you know a court date

Bank levy [ 2 Answers ]

I am 59 years old and have been through some difficult times recently. Today I learned that my bank account had a levy placed on it. There was only $533. In the account but it is all the money I have. Is there anything I can do to get it back. As a side note the bank took $100. As a processing fee.

Bank levy [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: Today I received papers on a bank levy to my account seeing how I only had a few dollars in there they took it. Will they keep coming after everything that I deposit until the debt is cleared? Because my check is direct deposited what do I need to do please someone help me.

View more questions Search