Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    electstudent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 08:08 AM
    Connecting a #14 stranded wire to a #8 screw terminal
    What are 5 products that could be used to connect a #14 stranded wire to a #8 screw terminal?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2010, 08:35 AM
    How about if you give us what you think and we can discuss your options.
    electstudent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 08:39 AM
    Ok.. so what exactly is the point of this website? I'm not understanding.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 08:49 AM

In this instance, your question will be treated exactly like a question in the homework section.

We have to see some of the work effort on your part.

You learn nothing by someone here just plopping an answer down for you.

You learn much more if you tell us what your answers are and we get to agree or disagree with them. Very similar to the "Socratic" method of teaching.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2010, 08:49 AM
    Well, judging by your member name, and the question you asked, seems your taking some sort of test.

Your question really belongs at the Homework Help Forum, where you will find this announcement:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...-b-u-font.html

Since your doing a test, you must have learned something, so give us what you know and we can help from there.

But, you will get resistance just to get help and an answer to your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting neutral wire to ground wire in breaker panel [ 3 Answers ]

Can the neutral wire be connected to the ground wire at the neutral bar in the breaker panel?

Yikes! Does the blue thermostat wire go to the C terminal? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi. I'm trying to install a Honeywell RTH7600 programmable thermostat. I've detached my old thermostat, and I'm trying to figure out how to match up the wires. It's heat and air conditioning, and the old thermostat was a pretty basic, older round variety (also honeywell). Problem is that I...

Stranded wire to solid wire [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any advantage, disadvantage, safety concerns, etc, in twisting, or not twisting stranded wire, such as fixture wire, to the solid wire before installing the wire nut? I always twist solid wire with linesman pliers, then install the wire nut. With fixture wire, I just twist the fixture...

12-gauge wire will not fit in 20A outlet screw terminal [ 10 Answers ]

I have run conduit which came with 3-wire 12 gauge standed cable. I have it going to a 20A outlet, but all of the strands will not fit in the screw terminal. The breaker is a 15A. Can I trim a few of the 12 gauge strands to get the wire to fit onto the screw terminal? Are electrical outlets also...

How do I cut heavy gauge aluminum stranded 220 wire? [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing my electric range and it was connected to either a 60 or 80 amp circuit breaker that takes two slots in the panel. The wire is aluminum and both the wire in the insulation the bare wire are stranded. The insulation jackets are black and one seems to have a red stripe. The wire was...

View more questions Search