Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agentman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Silent Partner Share
    Hello,

I am trying to figure out what my take would be in a business with a friend, where I am investing 40% of the cost of buying the business. My friend who is investing the balance, will be the "active/working" partner, I will be the 'silent" partner.

What would be my split? Does the fact the he is "active" in the business mean he takes a larger share, or is his work which is salaried count separately?

Any ideas will be appreciated.:confused:
    delite Posts: 202, Reputation: 3

Apr 30, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Not necessarily. If own say 40%,necessarily you should share 40% in profits and losses.sometimes areements are made and provisions can dictate a different different reduce to writing,splits is determined by equity
    agentman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 11:02 PM
    Thanks, delite! Of course I have a great deal of home to do on this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Silent Treatment [ 2 Answers ]

A man and his wife were having some problems at home And were giving each other the silent treatment. Suddenly, the man realized that the next day, he would need his wife to wake him At 5:0 0 AM for an early morning business flight. Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and...

Silent dates? [ 13 Answers ]

I'm kind of anti social... I'm just really shy and don't trust very quickly, and I'm not easy like some girls... there are some guys that are intersted in me and I like them... the problem?. I can't talk to them... and if I do, we talk about something boring and I try desperately to keep the...

The silent treatment [ 32 Answers ]

Hi all! Its been a while since I posted but I'm back again! My man and I haven't spoke since Sat evening. Well here goes :- Sat late afternoon I got my period and when I get my period I'm very much in pain and become extra sensitive that I know. My man was playing loud music and he knows...

Why Is The Church Silent? [ 9 Answers ]

Just like every other day of the week, 4000 babies were killed today. Where was the church? Where were the preachers? I'd sure like to know. Those of us who have been involved in the prolife movement (or for that matter, any other movement that impinges upon moral issues) for any length of...

View more questions Search