Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johananton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2016, 06:23 PM
    Have red flashing light and no picture
    I have a Panasonic Plasma TV model TC-P50G25, while watching it, I heard a pop and picture went out and red power light flashes. I tried resetting by turning Panamax surge protector off and on and by bypassing surge protector and plugging straight into outlet. Is this problem repairable
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 31, 2016, 05:27 AM
    No, life expectancy expired
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2016, 07:00 AM
    Yes, the TV is easily repairable. Probably, only a 30 cent capacitor went bad. I fix them all the time when they do this. You can buy the whole power supply board for cheap. Most people think that these new flat screen TVs are expensive to fix, but the opposite is true. They are all low voltage (5-24 volts) after the power supply and basically you have a power supply ($30-40) and a motherboard ($30-50). Most of time the only problems seen are bad capacitors from Taiwan capacitors going bad, as they have been doing since 1985 when they bought a stolen formula for Japanese capacitor's electrolytic "goo" from a spy who did not know that he did not have the final steps in the manufacturing process. The Nationalist Chinese started making capacitors cheaper, but they began to fail since the late 1980s. Just look for swollen capacitors and replace with a higher voltage and a little higher micro-farad capacitor and your TV is fixed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red light flashing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic Viera model number TC-P42C2 when I turn my TV on the red light goes on the blinks flashes seven times.. And TV won't turn on...

My Trane XE90 flashing red light [ 0 Answers ]

My trane XE90 wasn't giving out hot heat but warm/cool heat and the furnace light was flashing 2 lights which meant "Systems Lockout." I turned the thermostate off and the furnace switch off and let it sit for 30 min and then turned both back on. Now light is flashing constant. The control panel...

Red light flashing on my gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My gas furnace is blinking red and continious, and on the back of the door its says that this means "internal control failture" so I need to know what that means. Is it one problem or a number of things I need to check? Help!

Flashing red light code ? [ 10 Answers ]

OK I have seen the same question asked and followed the instructions, BUT I can't find the meaning of my code on the inside of my access panel. I have a Trane XE80 with a White-Rodgers 50a50-473 control panel, the heat cycles on and off every 20 30min. The flashing code is (I think) 14 ...

View more questions Search