Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    13579J Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 06:24 PM
    Ultra 97 furnace
    I have two ultra 97 furnace and they are starting to have problems. They have been serviced twice a year and now I am thinking of have them replace since I leave town a lot. What do you recommand to replace these furnace with?
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Dec 17, 2009, 06:59 PM

These things can't be that old. I would suggest replacing your service company first. I am not familiar with Magic Chef or Maytag furnaces, but I can't believe that a modulating furnace like that would be shot yet unless it was installed wrong. Also it would be a bit presumptuous to suggest a replacement furnace without knowing what the house requires. Get a couple of estimates from reputable firms and then maybe you could ask opinions on what they suggest. Just remember, we are not in the business of pushing one brand or bashing another unless there is good reason.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2009, 10:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 13579J View Post
    I have two ultra 97 furnace and they are starting to have problems.
    Can you be more specific?
    Quote Originally Posted by 13579J View Post
    They have been serviced twice a year and now I am thinking of have them replace since I leave town alot. What do you recommand to replace these furnace with?
    Post exact model/serial #'s, to allow better info lookup. Serial #'s may reveal age, warranty status.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Armstrong Ultra SX 80 furnace won't stay on [ 16 Answers ]

We have a Armstrong Ultra Sx80 furnace, model GUJ050D10-3A, with a HeatCraft Control Board, cat number 70k98 (40403001). Everything fires up fine… thermostat, inducer motor/fan starts, then ignitor, gas, and the burners light, etc. After the burners are lit for 30 seconds, the blower starts to...

Armstrong ultra sx-80 furnace problems [ 4 Answers ]

I have an armstrong ultra sx-80 gas furnace my problem is when I turn the unit on it will start up fine when I set it to heat, run for a few minutes then the flame dies. The blower stay on and will not shut off until I unplug the unit. The heat never reaches it's set point. If I wait for about 30...

Armstrong Ultra V Tech 80 furnace troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

My armstrong Ultra V Tech 80 furnace suddenly doesn't want to ignite. Please bear with me as I don't know a whole lot about furnaces. I can hear and see the gas come on, but it does not ignite. I can hear a clicking noise I assume is the ignitor trying to engage, but the furnace doesn't start. It...

Armstrong ultra sx 80 furnace no pilot light [ 3 Answers ]

We've had a problem the last 2 winters with our furnace, always fixed but last night the furnace stopped working. We checked and there was no pilot light. Actually in this model we don't even know where we would light it. Someone told me it might be the thermo couple but I am in need of another...

View more questions Search