Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cherlem Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Work or Spouse Visa.future Military spouse.
    I really have no idea where to start...

I am engaged and currently visiting my fiancé (a Marine) in Okinawa, Japan. . He is stationed in Japan for the next 9 months. I was considering moving to Japan to be with him during this tour.

I do not have a job in the US, I will more than likely find something in Japan (thru Aafes or MCCS). My fiancé was told if we marry (regardless of in the states or in Japan) he would have to extend his time in Japan for 3 more years! Any ideas? Or, pointers?

I am only vaguely familiar with greencards and Visas. What is the first step? Would a job through Aafes or MCCS grant me a visa to stay in Japan?

HELP or EXPERIENCE would be appreciated!
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Aug 7, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherlem
    I really have no idea where to start...

I am engaged and currently visiting my fiance (a Marine) in Okinawa, Japan. .He is stationed in Japan for the next 9 months. I was considering moving to Japan to be with him during this tour.

I do not have a job in the US, I will more than likely find something in Japan (thru Aafes or MCCS). My fiance was told if we marry (regardless of in the states or in Japan) he would have to extend his time in Japan for 3 more years!! Any ideas? Or, pointers?

I am only vaguely familiar with greencards and Visas. What is the first step? Would a job through Aafes or MCCS grant me a visa to stay in Japan?

HELP or EXPERIENCE would be appreciated!

My brother is military and married a non-US citizen. His marriage procedure was a little different from your situation though. My suggestion is that since you both have planned on living the rest of your live together, then your fiancé should get counseling on the paperwork involved and procedure via the military. As far as working visas, I think you would have to find an American company that could sponsor you. But then again I would not go that route with marriage your goal. You both need to be together and often overseas soldiers are permitted and are given accommodations for their spouses and children.

Bobby

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Citizen married filing separately, spouse lives outside US: does spouse need ITIN? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I am a US Citizen living in the US full time. My husband is German, living in Europe full time. We got married in the US in September 2006. My husband is applying for a green card but meanwhile cannot enter the US, due to immigration rules. Therefore we have not lived in the US together...

Spouse visa to UK [ 4 Answers ]

I got married in January this year and my wife submitted her visa appllication on the 21st. She has still not heard anyhting from the British embassy in Islamabad. She did phone up and they said they are dealing with a backlog and that she should call back on the 15th May. Is this normal...

Spouse visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have got married in pakistan in November, 06 ( few month before). Can u please tell Me what r the reqirements for my wife to come here in uk. Is my bank statement from Uk is enough r she has to arrane a bank statemenet from pakistan as well. I hope u will answer my question soon...

View more questions Search