Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaysplace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2006, 10:08 AM
    Current Ratio
    How would the following actions affect a firm’s current ratio?

1. A customer prepays in full for specially ordered merchandise that it will take 60 days to manufacture.

2. Inventory is sold at the firm’s normal 35% markup cost.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2006, 04:25 PM
    1)
    Dr. Prepaid
    Cr. Cash

CA goes up and down by an equal amount, therefore no change to Current Ratio

2)
    Dr. Cash
    Cr. Inventory
    Cr. Revenue

CA goes up more than it goes down.

Net, CA goes up, CL stays the same, so Current Ratio goes up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Determining Working Capital and the Current Ratio [ 4 Answers ]

Wilemon Corporation is preparing its 2007 balance sheet.The company records show the following selected amounts at the end of the accounting period, December 31,2007: Total assets $695,100 Total noncurrent assets 525,000 Liabilities: Notes payable(8%...

2-cycle oil / gas ratio [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a way to consolidate gas tanks. I have three different machines that of course all use a different ratio. Auger is 24:1, snowblower is 50:1, and weedeater is 40:1. Is there a product out there which would allow me to use 1 or 2 tanks for these... I'd appreciate any input ...

Ratio Analysis [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me please with this question? The lenders of X have asked you to prepare the following ratios for the company from their comparative financial statements. They are concerned about Soukup’s ability to continue as a going concern. The ratios are as follows: Year 2003 ...

Affects on current ratio [ 1 Answers ]

How would the following actions affect a firm's current ratio? 1. inventory is sold 2. the firm takes out a bank loan to pay its suppliers 3. a customer pays its overdue bill 4. the firm uses cash to purchase additional inventories.

Firm's current ratio [ 2 Answers ]

How would the following actions affect a firm's current ratio? 1. Inventory is sold. 2. The firm takes out a bank loan to pay its suppliers. 3. A customer pays its overdue bills. 4. The firm uses cash to purchase additional inventories Thank you

View more questions Search