Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sherry Scivally Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 08:09 AM
    Washing machine drain back up
    What can I do to clean out build up in drain lines. Evidently a snake will not work. Is there a chemical that will reduce or clean drain line build up?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 28, 2006, 10:44 AM
    There's no chemical on the market that's as good as a snake. Snake from the washer roof vent. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New washing machine causing sewer back up? [ 8 Answers ]

Just under a month ago, my Mom and step-father gifted us with a new washer and dryer. The washer we had was approximately 13-14 years old, and while working mostly fine, I think was probably on it's last legs. While using the old washer, we would (for the last several months) have to shut it...

Washing machine drain [ 5 Answers ]

The washing machine drain backs up and overflows. I replaced the washing machine drain pump thinking it may have been weak. Did not help. The drain starts at the kitchen sink then straight to the main where the washing machine y ties in. Sometimes if a sink full of water is released from kitchen it...

Installing Basement Shower Drain with Washing Machine Drain [ 5 Answers ]

Hi folks: I would like to install a shower that drains into the same drain as my washing machine. Right now the washing machine drain, 1-1/2" ABS, comes in horizontally about 12" above the concrete floor into a 1-1/2" Tee on a vertical pipe. From this Tee, the vent goes straight up to the...

Basement drain hole.can I drain washing machine with this? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all.. im new here.ive owned my home for about 5 years and I'm still learing... my current dilemna is that I want move my wsher and dryer to the basement.I think I know how to handle the hot and cold water plumbing but I don't know what to do about the drain... now my basement has a drain hole in...

Replace toilet drain with washing machine drain [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how I would go about taking a toilet drain and turning it into a drain for a washing machine.

View more questions Search