Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedhelp25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Ethernet controller
    Hii...
    I can't connect to the internet and because it says that I have no ethernet port
    I downloaded the driver and re-installed and it says

"an error occurred during the instalaion of the device
    the style of the INF is different than what was requested"

I'm not sure what excatly that's supposed to mean... if anyone could help me it would be appreciated...
    ComputerCoot Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 03:57 AM
    Are you on XP SP1, XP SP2, Vista Home Basic or Vista Home Premium? Is your ethernet adapter on the motherboard or a separate card? Are you using a router? Did you reset your DSL or cable modem? Has this connection worked before?
    ineedhelp25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Oo... I solved my problem... I just downloaded a few ethernet drivers online... im not sure which one was the right one but a few seemed to do the trick and now my internets up and running... but thank you:D
    venkie_tummala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 10:37 AM
    Same problems of ethernet cotroller not functioning well and the drivers of the card missing
    srinireddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 04:19 AM
    I recently had to reformat and reinstall windows XP, and amongst some of the problems that have surfaced

Since is that I no longer have the ehternet controller for my PC. I have an XP with an Intel D865GVHZN motherboard. I am looking for the ethernet controller driver. The CD that I used when I built the PC has lost. Any advice as to where I can find it. I've looked around the Intel website but don't seem to be

Able to find it:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is Ethernet/LAN? What do I use? [ 4 Answers ]

I just ordered upgrade from dialup to broadband with AOL. They say I need a LAN connection. As I understand it this is same as ethernet, yes? Any way I don't have either on my PC (its old). Would a USB/ethernet adapter work or should I use a PCI ethernet card. I really don't know what all this...

Ethernet Card [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find on my PC if I have an ethernet card installed on my PC?

Ethernet cable [ 3 Answers ]

I am on orange broadband and I need to connect the ethernet cable from my livebox into my computer ,however I donot have an ethernet socket on my computer so is there another way of doing this .

Connecting two PC via ethernet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a game freek. I want to connect my two pcs for playing multiplayer games via ethernet. Please help.

Need ethernet controller driver [ 2 Answers ]

Somehow this driver disappeared. It is not loading off the driver install disk. HELP!

View more questions Search