Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scorpiosb28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Rent Increase at Lease Renewal
    I live in California and I need to know how much the rent can be increased when renewing a lease. I do not live in a rent controlled area.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 9, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Hello scorp:

If the rent is not controlled, it can be raised as much as the market will bear.

excon
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

May 9, 2007, 12:57 PM
    As much as the market will allow.
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 9, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiosb28
    I live in California and I need to know how much the rent can be increased when renewing a lease. I do not live in a rent controlled area.
    Take a look at your lease. If there aren't any terms stating the amount of an increase upon renewal and you don't live in a rent controlled area then the Landlord can ask for whatever they want. I would think though, upon reason.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to enforce lease term/collect due rent when tenant breaks lease [ 8 Answers ]

My tenant who signed a 12-month lease in November just told me she is moving out in less than a week. She took it upon herself to prorate this month's rent. I would like to enforce the lease agreement and collect the rent for the remaining months of the term, but I need to know how to go about...

Rent increase in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been renting an apartment for a about a year under a lease contract in New Jersey. I have had no problems with the landlord or have they had a problem with me that I am aware of. Heat and electric utilities are included in my rent. I am very mindful and considerate of the use of...

Rent increase in the state of New Jersey [ 2 Answers ]

I have been renting a single family home in ocean countny for 4 years every year the landlord reaises the rent 25 dollars. This year with 6 days notice he raised it 200.00 I had no choice but to sign the new lease or vacate. Is this leagl in the state of New Jersey. And if not what can I do about...

Increase in Rent [ 3 Answers ]

I was fortunate enough to acquire a rental problem on the Gulf Coast of MS one month before Hurricane Katrina devastated the area. I was extremely fortunate that the rental property had only minor damages. We were given the option of signing a 1 or 2 year lease and chose a 2 year contract with...

Notice to Increase Rent [ 6 Answers ]

What are the guidelines for raising rent? I can see it is pretty much a 30 day notice, but what percentage are you allowed to increase rent by in general (max amount)? Also, I am drafting a new lease, do I have to include a clause that states I'm allowed to increase the rent in the future, or is...

View more questions Search