Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2010, 07:31 PM
    How do I get my product key?
    I'm at my wits end here. I tried typin gin two product keys that I have and they are not working. I tried magicaljellybean to extract it but that didn't do anything and I can't find where to just get a new one. Can anyone offer any helpful advice that will just get me to the solution? It's asking for a product key, I don't have one. How do I get a new one? Free or buy one. And I'm worried that if I wait too long then I won't be able to use my computer. And I just paid over $200 to get the hard drive replaced. Ugh.

Also, I have Vista.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2010, 12:20 AM
    Other options: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/1...key-or-cd-key/
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 13, 2010, 05:23 AM

Product key to what? If its for Windows, it should be on a sticker attached to the computer. If that doesn't work, did you have a shop replace the hard drive? They may have loaded their version of Windows and you need to get the key from them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get my hp laptop product key? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a laptop hp but the product key that was pasted at the back of it has removed. Now I want to load vista on it, and it is requesting for the key. What should I do? Thank you for taking your time to read this question

Microsoft word 2007 - no product key! [ 5 Answers ]

Okay this may be a dumb question but I want to ask: When I bought this laptop it obviously came with Microsoft word 2007. Now after many times of exiting when it asks me for a product key, it no longer works. I can't even type or finish my paper! Ahh! I looked on the site and it's like $150...

How to find Product key of XP on network [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I need to be able to find the product key on network PC's. I would rather do this remotely, then to have to go to each PC. Anyone know of any tools to do this? Thank you in advance

How do I get a product key for WinXP Pro SP2 [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a used computer it is a Compaq Evo, and it was running WinXP Pro SP2. I have to reintall the OS, and I can only get to the setup screen, then it asks for the disk, which I do not have. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thank you, lewisr9845

Windows Vista Product Key [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I have never had many problems with Vista Home Premium before, but I reinstalled Windows and the computer/ OS won't take the product key. Any Ideas on how to fix this?

View more questions Search