Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrj6458f Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 01:37 PM
    Owe state taxes in another state don't work in that state, can they garnish wages.
    I owe back taxes in state of Maryland but work in virginia. Can Maryland garnish wages in viriginia.

Jun 12, 2010, 01:37 PM

Owe state taxes in another state don't work in that state, can they garnish wages.

Jun 12, 2010, 01:39 PM
    Taxes

Jun 12, 2010, 01:39 PM
    If you owe state taxes in another state but don't work in that state can they garnish
    Owe state taxes in another state don't work in that state, can they garnish wages?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 15, 2010, 02:38 PM
    Yes. A garnishment action can be filed in Virginia state court to garnish your Virginia-sourced wages.
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 15, 2010, 02:39 PM
    Yes. Foreign state governments can file garnishment actions via the state courts of the state in which you work.
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 15, 2010, 02:40 PM
    Redundant question; already answered TWICE

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ordered by State of CA to garnish employee wages [ 5 Answers ]

We are a company based in NJ, with an employee who is based and paying taxes in CA. We received a notice from the State of CA informing us that the employee owes taxes from 2006. The notice requires that we begin garnishing a portion of the employees wages to pay the debt in installments. If...

W2 State wages don't match Box 1 Wages: How to file GA state? [ 1 Answers ]

I started to work on my son's taxes after getting his W2 yesterday. His box 1 wages are 13,300 but his state wages in box 16 are 4667. He is a full-time college student in GA and a GA resident. He worked full-time last May through Aug in Texas. They withheld federal taxes but no state taxes. I...

Garnish someone's wages in another state [ 3 Answers ]

I recently won a settlement in a small claims case, but he lives in another state in the west coast. I went out there to sue him and we settled out of court and now he has missed the first payment. I need to know what to do next. I am supposen to garnish his wages or assests from what I have...

How to Garnish wages state to state [ 1 Answers ]

I won a judgement against a person who lives in another state. How do you garnish wages if you live in Virginia and the other person lives in Maine.

View more questions Search