Ask
    kimmiejo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2015, 06:29 PM
    Rotator cuff
    Hi I new to this. May I ask a question?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2015, 06:36 PM
    Sure, go ahead. That's the purpose of AMHD.

Nov 14, 2015, 06:39 PM
    Rotator cuff surgery
    In rehab. 7 weeks since surgery. Previous injury @2 years old... Arm in wringer washing machine. Can not turn arm palm side up... Rehab is killing my arm. What can I do
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2015, 06:53 PM
    I would start by talking to your doctor. That's who you NEED to be talking to as well as your therapist.

Speaking as someone who has had this surgery themselves.

Nov 14, 2015, 06:56 PM
    I have talked to them and told them that I could not move my arm the way that PT wanted me to. My elbow is inflamed now. It is a big set back to my rotator cuff... was wondering if anybody else had this problem
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2015, 07:08 PM
    Your rotator cuff is in your shoulder. Not the elbow. So they are likely different reasons.

So what did they tell you? They have your records, they know where you started and what progress your are making with the therapy.

None of us who know none of those things could offer up anything important because everyone is different and not everyone progresses at the same rate. And reasons for inflammation can be completely unrelated to the surgery or the therapy and can be quite numerous.

Yes it is uncomfortable during the therapy. Because you have to push past a point that will be uncomfortable and may be painful to recover the mobility and range of motion. Something your Therapy records will indicate. If you aren't making progress or progress is too slow. They should have told you. Either of those would be reasons for concern.

If they haven't said anything to you... then apparently you are progressing within expected parameters. (and those will differ from person to person.)

Nothing is a substitute for specific detailed questions to your doctor and therapist. They can tell you specifics that apply to you. All we can do is speak in generalities or details that did apply to us...but might not to you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 15, 2015, 08:24 AM
    Stick with your rehab friend, or seek a second opinion. Sounds to me like you waited for a time before you got help from your injury and that may have complicated things in other areas. Sometimes it does take several weeks or even months to get back to a healthy place and beyond the pain.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 15, 2015, 05:20 PM
    Your rotator cuff is attached to tendons and muscles also attached to your elbow. The exercises you are being given are TOO early to mend the connection. You must be given time to heal before you can operate your entire arm properly without discomfort.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a torn rotator cuff with extensive pain swelling [ 1 Answers ]

Discoloration and very prickly sensation of the skin

Pain in right rotator cuff, elbow and knots on same forearm [ 3 Answers ]

I have the very very bad pain in the rotator cuff area of my right arm at the back, pain in my elbow on the same side, knots on my forearm of the same arm... I also have the same type of pain in my left rotator cuff from time to time. What can this be? I also have interstitial/fibrosis lung...

Rotator cup [ 3 Answers ]

I've pulled or hurt my rotator cup. I've had a cortisone shot. It helped for a bit. Now it hurts again. What can I do for relief? What helps? Ty

Rotator cuff [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I am having dreadful pain for so many years in my shoulder, I have tried everything, my doc seems to say there is nothing that can be done,. I wonder does anyone have any help,. mike in ireland

View more questions Search