Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    straight10A Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 11:18 AM
    I got a summons ? I have 8 days left
    The short of it. I got married, About 7 years ago. I did not want to buy a house with the woman a married. Her credit was not the best. So we had to go to ACORN. They found us Bank Of America. We got a good rate. All they had to do, Was hide my income some. Also, To only have my wife on the loan. I am on the DEED only. So all was fine. Until my future exwife said. She was not going to pay the mortgage. Months went by. I ended up leaving the house. I got an appt. close by. Then I got served. On the 14th of July. They said I have 20 days to respond to the court. Do I need to respond? I plan on letting the bank take the house back. My ex wife said she was also going to let the house go. Help thanks
    magicgb77 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Jul 26, 2009, 11:31 AM
    I would say YES, definitely respond to the court. Even if you two don't care about the house, explain that to the court. You can get in a lot of trouble not showing up to a summons. Since your name was not on the deed, I'm sure that they will dismiss your summons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received summons overseas, after 30 days to respond [ 7 Answers ]

I now live in Australia, my mailbox provider in the USA just emailed me to say he has received a summons for me, it is dated 50 days ago, and the summons states I have 30 days to respond or a default judgement will be filed against me. What can I do about the date? How can I respond from overseas?

I just got a summons and I have 30 days to reply [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a summons for a credit card debt. I don't know how to get out of this. Can you let me know what steps I should take to take care of this as soon as possible

60 days left till 183 count [ 1 Answers ]

Please anybody I arrived under H1B on 16 Oct 2007 and never left the U.S. My wife and son arrived in the U.S. 27 Nov. 2007. As of today (April 1st) I've counted myself 126 days of presence towards the 183 day requirement. Can I file an extension to complete the 183 days before filing 2007 Tax...

Can a court summons be left on your door? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a court summons be left on your door? And what can I do after this happens?

FiancŽ left and in two days has feelings for someone else? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi. I am new here. My heart is broken after my fiancé left a week ago. First let me say I am 47 and he is 31 though we had similar interests and we don't look far off in age. We had been living together for two years and got engaged four months ago. Though we travelled on vacations that were great,...

View more questions Search