Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bvance17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2008, 02:51 PM
    An ex-employee is using my companies email list
    Is it unlawful to take an email list from a company that you work for and then use that email list at their new company.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2008, 03:45 PM
    It is not unalwful but unethical and embarrassing to the new company.
    First of all, before terminating that employee, it should be clear to him what are do's and don't upon his exit. His username should be also blocked to prevent these things.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Yes it is unlawfui to take an email list from a former employer. That is theft. It would be the same thing if the employee took a mailing list of all the company's clients. Theft is theft and is punishable by law.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2008, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bvance17 View Post
    Is it unlawful to take an email list from a company that you work for and then use that email list at their new company.
    Yes, it's theft. More and more people are being charged with internet stealing and this is one of the ways it's done.
    newtech2007 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Email list from a former employer. That is theft. It would be the same thing if the employee took a mailing list of all the company's clients.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

List of electrical companies with email id and address [ 2 Answers ]

Sir, I need the list of electrical companies with email id and address, based on delhi and andhra pradesh

Email list [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to know if exist the list of all email address... for all the world... all...

Introduction letter about a new employee to other companies [ 2 Answers ]

I have been recently employed by a certain ICT company. I need a letter to introduce myself to other companies that get ICT services from my new company

View more questions Search