Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peachies Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Bio Oil for stretch marks
    Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone has used bio oil for stretch marks.
    Does it make it go away or make it fade?
    Where can I purchase it and how much does it usually go for?

curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Hi there peaches I have used bio oil and I think its great stuff, surgeons here recommend it after breast surgery as it makes the scars go away I have no stretch marks on my tummy I used it while pregnant.
    It can be bought from your local chemist .: Bio Oil :. the site will tell you if its available where you are if not your second option is eBay.
    Its not cheep but its worth the money for sure they scars and stretch marks gradually fade to nothing with continual use.
    noesteem Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 03:14 PM
    Heya I'm currently in the process of trying bio oil on my stretch marks, it says use twice daily, I went through a 60ml bottle in about 2 weeks so I bought the largest one which for me here in the uk cost £19.95 from boots, but I'm that depressed I am willing to try anything, so far it hasn't had major effects, but my friend is also currently using it on a burn she has and she has really noticed the difference. I am also going to try the palmers cocoa butter as that is supposed to be abother formula which for some reason is currently on offer in most health stores, e.g boots, tesco, superdrug!
    Good luck, keep in touch I would love to hear peoples stories!
    I have recently been looking into laser treatment as mine really get to me so much!
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 12:56 AM
    With all due respect noesteem how much of it are you using your supposed to use it sparingly and not over work it into the skin if your stretch marks are that severe then it will take time to work nothing will make them vanish in two weeks and you should have gone to superdrug its cheeper boots have the manopoly because everyone trusts there name shop around even check eBay I got my last two bottles for 9 pounds delivered.
    baby555 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 04:47 AM

Bio oil is really good for stretch marks,I'm using bio cream,bio soao and bio oil for my strech marks and it really help.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2010, 12:34 PM

If you have very narrow stretch marks, Bio Oil seems to work, but for the large deep ones - nothing works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stretch marks [ 2 Answers ]

I have hundreds of them, I have never been pregnant and I wouldn't even call myself fat! What can I do? I've read about something called bio-oil? Anyone got any advice on this? I have also heard that sunbeds can help fade them? Please anyone with any advice get back to me, as it really does...

Stretch marks [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, I go to middle school and next year I'm going to take cheerleading in high school. I weigh 134 pounds and I'm 13 years old. I have no idea how I got stretch marks on my legs . I have some between my thighs and some behind my knees. I really want to take cheerleading but I have stretch...

Stretch marks [ 1 Answers ]

I have a big problem of stretch marks on my breasts, I tried lots of techniques, but the stretch marks are still visible. I lately heards about the stem cells therapy, could you please tell me where can we get such treatements? Any available info? Thanks.

Stretch Marks [ 8 Answers ]

I am so young and I'm already starting to get stretch marks. I tried coco butter and everything and nothings working. What should I do?

Stretch marks [ 7 Answers ]

I have stretch mark on my hips,arms,shoulders,belly,and behind my knees. I was wondering if and one used something to clear them out that has worked before?

View more questions Search