Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HollyeDee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Adding Father to Birth Certificate
    I need to add my son's father to his birth certificate. My son is 14 years old now and his dad pay's child support on him. We all acknowledge that this man is his biological father. There is no question about that. When I gave birth to him we weren't married and I was on Medicaid. The hospital told me since I was on Medicaid and we weren't married that his name could not be listed as father.{Even though we had been married before and our last names were the same). He is on my oldest child's birth certificate. So, here is my dilemma. My children are Native American and because of this they get benefit checks twice a year for this. My son doesn't because they say his dad has to be listed on the birth certificate;even though we all admit he's the dad... even him. How do I go about getting this done. We live in 2 different states and I want my son to get all the rights he's entitled to same as his sister.

Any help would be great... :confused:

Thanks
    Hollye
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2008, 02:05 PM

You will have to use a court approved DNA lab and prove he is the father.

And actually that should be enough. But after that you will have to petition the court to admend the birth certificate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding father name to child birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

I want to add my son's father name to his birth certificate. And I also want to add on father's last name to my son. When already had an DNA test done and it was determine that he was the father. How do I go about doing this?

Adding father to birth certificate [ 6 Answers ]

How much is it to add the father on the birth certificate?

Adding father to birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I want to add my daughters father to the birth certificate... We were together and have been together since she was born, but when she was born things were rocky so I didn't put his name on there. We have been together for 10 yrs and we are now married. My daughter is 9yrs. Old and we want her...

Adding father to birth certificate after 6 years [ 1 Answers ]

Our daughter was born in Florida and her father and I now live on Colorado. How do we go about adding him to the birth certificate even though it has been 6 years?

Adoption and adding adopted father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting married in a few weeks and my soon to be husband is wanting to adopt my son. My son's birth certificate doesn't have a father's name on there, just mine. I was wondering if my husband's name could be added on to my son's birth certificate. I appreciate anyone's help. Thanks!

View more questions Search