Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scottmcquaide Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Elongated toilet and seat
    I just had my first floor toilet repalced with an elongated one that claims to be clogg proof. My problem is not with cloggs but the comfort of the seat. My kids are beating the heck out me because it is to narrow. Can I put a round seat on it or do they have one that might fit our cans a little better?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Hi Scott... I have seen this before!

You should just need to go to local home supplier and pick out a wider elongated toilet seat. My guess is that you have a SOFT CLOSE type now which are quite narrow, but close super quiet!

Let me know what you think... MARK

Jun 9, 2008, 03:05 PM
    It is a Kohler, but not the slow close. Is there a specific brand that you could recommend.
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 03:08 PM
    No.. no specific brand.. you just need to go out and look at them. Home depot in Mass. Anyway, actually hangs all their toilet seats up so people can see them so that should help in choosing!

Hope that helps... MARK
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 9, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Just go down to a Big Box Store and pick out a wider padded one and in no time you'll be "setting pretty". Good luck, Tom

Jun 9, 2008, 04:19 PM
    Thanks gents,

GO CELTICS!!
    Mark I am from North of Boston
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Cool... drop back anytime you think we can help!

Go RED SOX TOO!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

Seat toilet flushed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have aproblem with my seat toilet. When I flushed it, then the water inside the bowl will decrease slowly, and sometimes it can flushed successfully but I can see bubble and gurgle sound. But if I flushed it with a bucket of water (aaprox 7 liters), then the problem gone, but still can see...

Toilet Seat [ 36 Answers ]

Hello: Why do women have to be so disrespectiful of men? They always leave the toilet seat down. I don't know what I'm going to do about this. excon

Black stuff on toilet seat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi this sounds weird but I go to a university and I was in the restroom. After I finished up I turned around to flush the toilet and noticed some sticky looking black stuff on the seat. I had just finished urinating myself. Well I could not tell what this was but did not think it came from me-it...

View more questions Search