Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lovemeluv Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Nov 18, 2011, 03:15 PM
    How could I develop feelings for a wolf in sheep clothing?
    I meet a Pastor at a local Walmart and he approached me; appeared to be a true gentleman. He was extremely attractive and had a greay persomality. We spoke about the bible, he prayed for me, and we exchanged phone numbers. Finally, after 3 months I found ou he was married. No wedding band, but he was filled with lies, so I found out. How did I ever allow myself to get caught up with this man and develop feeling for him?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2011, 03:31 PM
    Don't be so hard on yourself. He presented himself as he wanted you to see him and there was no way you could have known differently. Unless of course you wanted to run a background check on every man you meet.

Feel sorry for him, and even more sorry for his wife. He is a pathetic excuse for a man and husband. In one sense, you can count your blessings that you found out after 3 months and had not invested even more time and feelings.

I'm sorry that you have had this experience. Thankfully there are great men out there.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2011, 03:41 PM
    As the daughter of a pastor, I strongly urge you to report him to the board of elders at his church if he was acting immorally and unethically with you. I'm betting you are not the first woman he has done this with.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 18, 2011, 05:04 PM
    Sometimes this kind of stuff happens to us. We get blinded by our hopes and feelings and we don't see what later on seems to be so obvious. You're not the only one so don't be so hard on yourself.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Nov 18, 2011, 07:03 PM
    You were like many of us, who have been hoodwinked by a smooth talking, good lookin' man.

But, the one thing these men have in common is that they are prepared for you, you are not prepared for them.

Had he been truthful, you wouldn't have spent 10 minutes with him. He held the cards, not you.

Most likely he has been more successful with some women, less with others. It's all a game to him.

I agree that you should not be too hard on yourself. Just don't assume anything about strangers.

And I agree, this man should be reported.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2011, 07:56 AM
    I agree that he should be reported IF there was anything inappropriate that took place. I'm reading that they exchanged phone numbers. I'm reading that they met, prayed together. I see no indication that the relationship went beyond that.

Agreed that approaching strangers in Walmart and praying for them is strange in and of itself but, again, before anyone reports anyone else I think there should be some discussion about exactly what happened between the parties.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Sheep [ 0 Answers ]

At the Funeral Mass for my friend Ken this morning, the Gospel reading was the parable of the Sheep and the Goats in Matthew 25. A portion of the homily was uniquely simple and moving, so I thought I'd share it. A portion of the Scripture is: 37...'Lord, when did we see you hungry and...

Will he develop feelings for her? [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend recently met a girl who he thinks would be a really good friend... she admitted to me that she has a thing for him but he's not going after her... im scared he will develop feelings for her because she is so down to earth and a great manipulator... but he refuses to stop being friends...

Getting in Touch With Someone to Develop My Clothing Sale Business [ 1 Answers ]

I am from india. I want to sell my indian wear clothes in dubai. I want to get in touch with someone whom I can supply my clothes to. Tell me how should I go about it. I also want to know how can put up an individual exhibition in dubai.

View more questions Search