Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diggahman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 07:06 PM
    DUI and assault on an officer
    I was charged last night with a DUI and assault on an officer. My license is susspended in quebec but not in ontario. Am I in deep or what? It's a first time offence and I have a clean record intill now. I'm hiring a lawyer on Monday and going to see what happens from there. Any help is appriciated
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Oct 27, 2006, 07:18 PM
    Your first guess is correct, you are prabably in deep trouble, a good rule of thumb is never go to court without an attorney, in this case I don't think the attorney call really help but I still wouldn't go to court without one.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2006, 07:35 PM
    I don't know about Canada, but here in the U.S. you'd be in for some serious trouble. In the U.S. when a license is suspended in one state, it's usually automatically suspended in all states (especially if it's a Commercial Driver's License.) It may be that way in Canada also ; check with your lawyer to make sure.
    A Perfect Circle Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Oct 31, 2006, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by diggahman
    I was charged last night with a DUI and assualt on an officer. My license is susspended in quebec but not in ontario. Am i in deep or what? It's a first time offence and i have a clean record intill now. I'm hiring a lawyer on monday and going to see what happens from there. Any help is appriciated
    Usually what happens is you will be charged a fine 500 to 1000 dollars and a minimum of 48 hours in jail. You will face a lot of probation and restrictions. You will have your license for 30 days and after that it will be suspended for 330 days.
    I don't know what the assault on a police officer outcome will be.. . Sorry :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DUI Defense [ 9 Answers ]

I was accused of DUI in Los Angeles County. The main facts I have in my favour are: 1. The police did not actually stop me because my car was out of gas. 2. The car was not turned on. 3. The keys were not in the ignition. 4. The police can not prove when I stopped driving. 5. The...

Dui [ 5 Answers ]

I was arrested last night for a dui. I made an illegal you turn and a officer pulled me over. I don't remember what I blew on the breath test, and I failed the soberity tests that were given to me. I moved from Illinois to Arizona. I lived here for a year now. This is my first offense, and the...

Dui fines [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I got a dui in 1999 I was 20 at the time. I spent two days in jail and was released after I went to court. This is the only time I've been in trouble before and still to this day. I pleaded guilty for charges of driving under the influence, driving on a suspended license, giving false...

Phoney NYPD Officer [ 6 Answers ]

I know a guy who claims to have been an undercover narcotics officer for the NYPD. Many if his stories, are there are quite a few, don't add up. How do I find out if he is lying about being "on the job"?

Probation Officer [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all: There's a retired probation officer with the handle magprob. He's trying to hawk a book here. I don't know how much he's trying to sell it for, but don't buy it! He offers a free chapter. I read it. Of course, if YOU ARE a probation officer, then it might help you keeping your...

View more questions Search