Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasonjph Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Top load whirlpool style washing machine will not spin
    I have removed motor and gearbox/transmission from cabinet. I had to replace the drive/motor coupler on a previous washer so I thought that may have been the problem this time also. I separated the motor from gear box to check the coupler. It was NOT broken. I tried to start the washer with it out of the cabinet to see if the motor shaft would turn - it did. I reconnected the motor to the gear box and again started the washer in spin cycle. The transmission shaft did not turn. I am looking for troubleshooting advice. It appears that the motor is OK.

Thanks in advance for any help. God Bless.
    Ozarks Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Feb 11, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjph
    I have removed motor and gearbox/transmission from cabinet. I had to replace the drive/motor coupler on a previous washer so I thought that may have been the problem this time also. I separated the motor from gear box to check the coupler. It was NOT broken. I tried to start the washer with it out of the cabinet to see if the motor shaft would turn - it did. I reconnected the motor to the gear box and again started the washer in spin cycle. The transmission shaft did not turn. I am looking for troubleshooting advice. It appears that the motor is ok.

Thanks in advance for any help. God Bless.
    Got the same problem I have replaced the coupler and now replacing basket drive block.
    Check out repairclinic.com I have found parts cheaper at other sites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Washing Machine won't spin [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I have a Kenmore 70 series Washing Machine that stopped spinning today. I can hear the motor whirring and all the other features still work - just no spin. I have tried the spin cycle on all the diff "levels" (delicate etc) and still no spin. Got a load of wet clothes in there though :p...

Washing machine won't rinse or spin, please help [ 1 Answers ]

I have an upright washing machine that has stopped rinsing and spinning. It washes the clothes fine, adgitating properly but when it gets to rinse cycle it just stops and makes a kind of rattle sound. It sounds like it is trying to spin but something is broken preventing it from working. I...

Washing Machine won't spin [ 1 Answers ]

I have an admiral top loading washing machine. It will not currently run the spin cycle - the motor comes on, but does not turn the drum. The agitator will turn when washing, but the drum does not move. It is draining fine. Anyone have any suggestions?

Washing Machine Won't Spin [ 4 Answers ]

I have a washing machine that won’t spin on its own. I bought a front loader from Sears, says Kenmore but believe it is a Frigidaire, Model #417.41042000. When machine is in the agitate cycle, the motor will not run unless I physically help it. When it starts it only goes for about 8 seconds...

View more questions Search