Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terryeloise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Hearing loss
    I was tested for hearing loss and told that a hearing aid wouldn't help . My wife at times is my ears as people pass and she will tell me they spoke to me. I turn the TV or radio up and it seems normal to me but my wife tells me it's way to loud. Someone says something to me and I give them a crazy answere according to my wife. Can a hearing aid help me ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Hello terry:

Yes.

excon
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 02:45 PM
    It all depends on the kind of hearing loss you have. If it is damage to the auditory nerve, then it is possible that an aid will not help.

There are several different kinds of hearing loss, do you know yours specifically?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 02:56 PM
    excon agrees: she is much smarter than I am
    Yeah, right. You are my equal, just in different subjects, and I still loves you!! :p ;)
    Heinvest Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2011, 11:31 AM
    Yes they can. There are all kinds of hearing aids for all types of hearing loss. If you can actually live your life normally without hearing aids then with hearing aids it will seen like you never had hearing aids.
    You can take a look at this hearing aid suggestion guide to find out more about the subject.
    David Fradkin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2013, 08:00 AM
    No, but I suggest you consider a different wife.

Actually, the benefits of amplification are predicated on neural potential in the cochlea which can be assessed via speech discrimination testing, during the audiological evaluation. An audiologist can assess your speech discrimination ability in percentages, based upon appropriate amplification and therefore tell you your ability to discern speech in quiet with the advent of amplification. Even those with sensori-neural hearing loss can in most cases benefit with the advent of amplification.
    Hearing aids should come with a trial period. You may want to take advantage of this option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hearing loss [ 2 Answers ]

I blew my nose really hard and my ear popped,the next day it hurt and I have had a little loss of hearing in than ear too. The pain is gone but I still have a little loss of hearing in that ear. What should I do.

Vision and Hearing Loss [ 1 Answers ]

There have been times when I get up too fast and my vision deteriorates. I see white spots and will have to sit down. Once at work, it happened to me and I loss vision and hearing. I was so scared, but my boss said I just needed some crackers and juice and I should be fine. True, I didn't eat...

Now, I'm hearing him (or them)? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I was able to see a child on April 11th, 2007. That was the first time I saw something more than a shadow. Well, this morning at 5:30am (which does not fit the sequence of times I've been recording) I was lying in bed with my two older children, ages three and almost 2. My husband had kissed...

In prison for hearing [ 7 Answers ]

What happens when someone is in prison for a hearing?

View more questions Search