Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    streptococci Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 04:58 PM
    Grades to get into University?
    I heard that universities only accept people with excellent A levels, etc. (eg- straight A pupils)

I am in my final year for GCSE's and I am worried about whether I will be able to go on to do further education in uni/college. I have like 1 or 2 A grades but the rest are B's and C's.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 25, 2008, 05:09 PM
    It all depends on the course you are thinking of doing.
    Medicine is one that requires high (A) grades.

There are a lot of other courses that have more realistic grade requirements.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 05:13 PM
    That's a lie. It depends on what course you want to do, which uni and how committed and enthusiastic you are. Extra curricula work and volunteering can take you far. It's surprisingly easy to get into uni. They are businesses they want your money.

That being said don't just go to university unless you think you will actually get something out of it. University being the path to riches is also a lie. You will get into debt, probably a lot. This will be pretty bad if you don't make it to graduation; I know I've seen it happen to some of my friends.

There are vocational courses and apprentices that can be good if you are academically minded but still want to develop skills to help your future career(s).

OK I'm tired so my cynicism has gone into overdrive. There are loads of good things about uni, moving cities, new experiences, meeting all sorts of people, it's not work... Read up what you can about what you want to do and don't close doors too early. If you apply and your grades aren't up for it but you still want in take a year out and do some work experience relevant to your field.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 05:14 PM
    You'll be able to get to uni, my gcse's were like your predictions and I didn't get As at A level but I got to uni it aldepends on what you want to do
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 05:16 PM
    Sometimes entry grades are not so much about how hard the course is but how popular it is. You only needed Cs to get into Biochemistry but I wouldn't say it is that easy.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Universities, especially state funded or government funded ones, cannot just accept people with straight A's. They accept people with various grade levels. Now if you want to get into an elite university or a private one, yes, they can stipulate. The competition to get in is tough, unless you have some family wealth that speaks louder than grades (my cynicism speaking).
    medhat2581 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Comment on Curlyben's post
    What the web site of colton university ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Washington International University another mill university? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help me to answer about the status of WIT university...

Kennedy-Western University NOW Warren National University [ 54 Answers ]

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and talked about. I am enrolled with Kennedy-Western, and now have a bad feeling about them. I cannot find where they are an "Accredited" postsecondary school, only licensed in the state of Wyoming. Does anyone know and can prove to me that they...

Drama kills my grades [ 2 Answers ]

I need help I am not doing very well in school I have really bad grades and my teachers and parents are getting mad at me. There is too much drama going on I lose focus of school. How can I get my grades up without losing my friends?

Bad grades [ 10 Answers ]

I am a sophomore I use to get reall bad grades in 8-9 my grades were great not in 10th grade my grades kind of sux like its all easy I just don't want to do the work anymore that and I don't take notes because its so easy ayn reason why grades slippin?

View more questions Search