Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happytobehere Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2014, 11:45 AM
    Removing Items from Credit Report
    How can I get Inquiries removed?

How can I get my employer corrected?

I co-signed for my son and shortly after he lost his job of 15 years.
    Can that account go against me and my son, or just one or the other?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 6, 2014, 11:48 AM
    If the inquires were valid they can't be removed.

You use the procedure put in place by the report issuer to correct erroneous entries.

If you co-signed that account goes against your credit history just as if you took it out yourself.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2014, 12:45 PM
    I agree with Scott... anything you cosign on... makes any related reports good or bad yours as well as the other party. And just another reason why its risky to cosign for anyyone. You can be held responsible for the debts and it does effect your personal credit as well.

Cosign on a large enough loan for someone else... and it might prevent you getting a large loan yourself... even if they pay everything on-time. As it does reflect as a credit obligation on your part.

Inquireies are usually due to loan or credit applications approved or not... yes they do appear as a negative... and no they can't be removed if your name is legitimately associated with them.

As Scott said...there are procedures to follow....if you can prove they are not yours...state your case...if the person reporting it can prove to the credit agency they are yours and have supporting paperwork...they won't be removed. Yes they will ask the reporting agency if you contest something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Paid items from credit report [ 3 Answers ]

How do I go about removing zero balance items from my credit report, or should I even be trying to? If I need to remove them, do I contact the creditor? I am very new to this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Also, does anyone know what the codes stand for on the report? Example:...

What credit cards will approve you if you have negative items on your credit report. [ 1 Answers ]

I have poor credit and my credit score is barely over 500. I am in the process of paying off my debts. Anyone know of any unsecured credit cards I can get approved for?

Credit Report Items [ 1 Answers ]

Can a judgement entered without your knowledge and then put on your credit report without your knowledge be removed?

Deleted items on credit report [ 2 Answers ]

I disputed some items on my credit report, I disputed them on experian and exquifax, at the time I did not have online access to transunion. Anyhow, I received a letter today from experian stating that the items have been deleted. My question is does this mean these items have been removed from all...

Removing items from credit report [ 1 Answers ]

There is this guy that I know who has started his own company. He claims that he can clean up your credit. I have always been warned about these type of things. That taking something off your credit report cannot be done. The way that he says it is done is that according to your credit, you...

View more questions Search