Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidwebbs Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 06:15 AM
    Utorrent File Location?
    Hi,

I apologize in advance for my lack of computer know-how.

I realize that you can choose where you want your downloads to go under the Options>Preferences>Directories tabs, (and I just did that) however where do the downloads go if you don't specify a location?

I've been using utorrent for a while however recently found a file that had been saving my "supposed" deleted torrents and the occasional file that went missing when it didn't show up in my "download" file. So I cleaned it out of all the useless stuff (about 4 gigs). However, I recently downloaded another file and it went missing, I believe back to that folder.

So my querry once again is, where do the discarded .torrent and downloaded files go if you don't specify a location. I'm using an XP computer and thought they went to:
    C/Documents and settings/yourusername/application data/utorrent
    However there is not a file like that on my computer.

Any suggestions of where it might be, how to delete these used files or how to get access to the "missing" files on my computer?

Thank you

PS I will be happy to clerify any details if required
    davidwebbs Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 07:11 PM

I figured it out, if anybody cares.

All the files are stored in my mentioned file location, which is a hidden folder.

So the easiest way to get to this file to is to:
    1 Start>Run
    2 Type into the "Open" field %appdata%/uTorrent

Do with this what you will, I recovered my missing files and deleted all the .torrent files and .dat files as they're just wasting space.

Hope this helps somebody
    gerrymccaul Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 10:55 AM
    Where do I find removed movies from you torrent when I didn't specify where to send them
    gerrymccaul Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 10:57 AM
    Where do downloaded movies go when removed from u torrent when I didn't specify where to send them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Works 7.0 Default File Location [ 3 Answers ]

Works 7.0. I have two hard drives with my files on the E: drive. Works always looks to C:/MyDocuments. I want to change it to look at E:/MyDocuments. Easy to do in Office. How can it be done in Works ?

Utorrent is not working [ 3 Answers ]

Help me My utorrent is not downloading anything I hv tried all the things And also let me know which torrentfile shouldi download acc. To seed and leechers Help me Its urgent for me download And also tell wich torrent client n website is best to download torrents:( :( :( :(

What location do I go to file a claim? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Scottsdale,AZ. And need to find out where I go to file a small claims?? ::

MS Word - Display file location [ 1 Answers ]

Currently I have Word set to display the file location at the bottom of the page... but now I forget how I set that, and can't find it in help. Can someone remind me how to set this and turn it off and on? Thanks!

View more questions Search