Ask
    Ryan Fink Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2015, 11:53 AM
    Cdl for felons
    Small companies that hire felons to train for cdl
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 12, 2015, 11:58 AM
    What is your question? The answer may also depend on your location.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2015, 12:23 PM
    To add to what J_9 said, it will also depend on your age, what the felony was for, how long ago was the conviction (a major factor), driving record, etc. You could find even some larger companies that may help with training, or reimbursement for your training, but much will depend on the circumstances regarding the felony.

With a large number of companies, of various sizes, it would be best to contact individual companies in your area, and do a search online. Some will specify requirements on their sites; many will require you fill out some information and they will have a recruiter contact you and then you can discuss the possibilities at that time.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 12, 2015, 12:29 PM
    I don't think any such companies exist.
    The perception that they do comes from scam ads that want money to tell you where you can get your CDL.
    Think about it - why does everyone else have to get training by paying for the course?
    You can try Education Connection.

There are a few stories of shady truckers of course, who hire felons to delivery illegal goods, and then have a hold on you.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2015, 12:52 PM
    There are some joy... some well known trucking companies will help with training and obtaining a CDL, but again, whether the op would meet the requirements to be hired on in the first place will depend on the company's qualification requirements regarding past felony convictions... along with their other requirements. It will vary from company to company, and with so many small, medium, and large trucking companies, the op would need to make contact directly to those of interest.

You are most correct though that there are questionable operations as well, so the op would certainly need to check things out thoroughly before signing on if offered the opportunity.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 12, 2015, 01:27 PM
    Many states have programs that are licensed and certified to help ex felons get qualified for employment. That includes getting a CDL.

What state are you in? Or Google "programs for felons in <Your state>". Or department of correction jobs program in <YOUR state>. Parole/probation officers are good resources also for information.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 12, 2015, 04:54 PM
    Most small companies do not pay for CDL training, that is mostly the larger ones and there are many stipulations and people find they owe money at end of training for various reasons, so be careful. Also most schools will finance the training.

The issue is what the prior conviction was for, how long ago, The schools you are talking to, should know of any program that is available. Have you spoken to the schools yet?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 13, 2015, 01:42 PM
    Read this CAREFULLY.
    2nd Chances For Felons and some trucking companies that may hire them

Notice that nowhere does it say that they or anyone else TRAINS YOU ON THE JOB, which is your question!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there free cdl training for felons? [ 6 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

Cdl jobs for ex felons [ 1 Answers ]

I am a ex felon looking for a company to give me a chance in life Ive been out off trouble for six years now went to school and got my cdl class A lincense was working for some one but got laid off because off economy am honest truthworthy and hard worker and williing to learn anything job require...

I have multipule felons with a cdl [ 1 Answers ]

Who will hire a multiple felon in the trucking industry

Are there any free cdl classes for felons? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a ex-felon wo has been in the same career for fifthteen years. But, I'm looking to chang careers. I love to travel. Been coast to caast. So, driving while I travel, I think I can relauch my dreams. Are there any oganizations. Who provide his service, for felons? I'm unemployed. But, not use to...

Cdl trining for convicted felons [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any programs out there to help if so please advice.

View more questions Search