Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ismael Ferniza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2014, 01:04 PM
    Scholarships for convicted felons
    I would like to receive grants for college. I am currently enrolled.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 28, 2014, 01:19 PM
    Wouldn't we all.

Unless you find someone that wants to help out a felon in particular, you are not going to find any special programs or organizations that will grant you money simply because you're a felon.

Think about it this way...I'm not a felon, yet I still never qualified for a grant. Why should an organization reward people for being felons by giving them grants for college?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2014, 02:27 PM
    I was from a poor family who clearly couldn't afford to pay my way through... I couldn't get any grants either so I had to borrow money on student loans and pay for my own college education. I'd be righteously indignant if people were rewarded for bad behaviour through large free handouts when I spent 10 years scraping the money to live on and pay mine back... with interest.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 28, 2014, 02:36 PM
    If you are already enrolled go to the student advisor or guidance counselor and see what's available to you. Is this the US? Many states have programs so location is important.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 28, 2014, 02:36 PM
    You are forgiven if you have seen the plethora of ads promising grants for felons (all felons are convicted, so you can shorten it).

They are all scams. They want a small fee from you, to get nothing.

Felons can get into some educational programs, but they are limited, and in this economy, they aren't easy to get.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a convicted felon and my fiancée can't be around convicted felons? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm a convicted felon(nothing violent or sexual or drug related)However I have met someone who I am emotionally involved with who got into some recent trouble and is now also a convicted felon on probation. One of the conditions is she is not supposed to be around any other convicted felons or it...

Scholarships for convicted felons [ 21 Answers ]

I'm interested to know if convicted felons can apply for some financial aid of any sort.. are there specifically any scholarships for felons to apply? Thanks

Where can I find scholarships available for convicted felons? [ 17 Answers ]

I have been recently released from prison in the state of Georgia and I am interested in returning to college. Where can I find scholarships or grants for female convicted felons?

Felons scholarships [ 1 Answers ]

Is there scholarships out there for felons? If so where can I look?

View more questions Search