Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Sep 8, 2013, 02:30 PM
    Can I add a train to my wedding dress
    I have bought a beautiful wedding dress 2 and hand with my limited budget but it has no train I really want to add one but not sure how hard it would be. It would be in lace and I can sew a little.
    Has anyone got any experience with this?
    Thanks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2013, 02:32 PM
    I think if you buy a tiarra and attach it, it would be the easiest way.

Sep 8, 2013, 02:34 PM
    [QUOTE=N0help4u;3546593]I think if you buy a tiarra and attach it, it would be the easiest way.[/

Is that for a veil?
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2013, 02:46 PM
    Oh yeah I am thinking veil that is long like a train.
    Like this
    White 90" Long Layered Wedding Veil Train on eBay!

If you want a train from the waist you would attach it from the waistband. I guess it would depend on what type of waistband you have.

Sep 8, 2013, 02:49 PM
    If attaching a train onto the dress is too much work then a veil like that may be the way to go.
    Thanks x
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2013, 02:52 PM
    I think I would be more comfortable making a tiarra train veil. That way you aren't botching up the dress if it doesn't work out.

Sep 8, 2013, 02:57 PM
    I was thinking I could make a petticoat skirt in lace with a train do you think that would work ?
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2013, 02:58 PM
    That sounds nice. I think it can work. You can probably find a pattern at a fabric store.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2013, 05:02 PM
    A veil should not be longer than a few inches off the ground at most. Trains... and excessively long veils... get stepped on. It would be dangerous if attached to your head.

Whether to add a train depends on the style of your dress. Trains can be removeable. See if you could attach it at the back at the waist, with hooks for example, you could then have a train but it could be removed it for the reception. Usually the fasteners are hidden by rosettes or a bow or other detail so they don't show when the train is removed. Not every dress looks right with a train, so bring it to a dressmaker and see what they suggest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding dress [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for a wedding dress that is not that tradditional white, long, vail, gown. I want something different, with colors and prints. Where can I find it? It is annoying that nomatter where I look, there it is, that boring white gown that everybody uses! Thanks.

What does it mean when your wearing a wedding dress [ 4 Answers ]

What does wearing a wedding dress mean?

Wedding dress [ 8 Answers ]

I have recently fallen into a situation where my chronic lying may result in some legal action. I was asked to create a wedding dress for a friend of a friend at no charge. There was no contract written or any documents made. We met once and did a drawing of what she wanted. As the date got...

View more questions Search