Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SN2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2017, 09:37 PM
    Function Transformation
    Given the function f(x)=x+6. The function g(x) results after the function f(x) has been stretched about the x axis by a factor of 3, reflected in the x axis, translated 2 units to the right, and 4 units down. Determine the equation of g(x) in the simplest form.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2017, 10:55 AM
    We don't do people's homework here, it would be wise to attack the problem yourself and post back your progress, someone will be glad to help form there.

Tips:

Stretching horizontally:

Reflection about x-axis:

Horizontal shift:

Vertical shift:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transformation [ 0 Answers ]

What is the relationship between the area of Image and object in Stretch

Transformation of substances [ 1 Answers ]

The substance that undergo change in a chemical reaction are called _________

finding two final equation of the 1) a sine function and 2) a cosine function [ 0 Answers ]

a man is standing 14 m away from the center of a spinning wheel that is 4m off the ground, spins at 4 rotations a second and has a diameter of 3m. If the man is 1.5m tall. Find the equation of the movement of a point and then determine how close does his head get from any part of the wheel?

Transformation [ 0 Answers ]

How to identify the transformation of an image? What are the new shapes obtained when rotated, sheared, reflected, and enlarged?

Transformation of Graphs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi could you please help me with this transformation because I don't quite understand it. The graph of the function with rule y=1/x is transformed as follows: - a dilation by a factor of 1/2 from the y-axis - a relfection in the y-axis I don't understand these parts, everything else I all...

View more questions Search