Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OmarGil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2015, 01:15 PM
    I have restraining order and a false domestic abuse how can I get my child's custody
    I was falsely accused of domestic violence and the baby momma put restraining order against me for no reason. Can I still fight for my son's custody?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 3, 2015, 02:01 PM
    Certainly.

There should be an evidentiary hearing coming up at which you will be given the opportunity to show your side of the story. By all means attend it and bring witnesses with whom you should try to prove that there was, as you say, no reason for the restraining order.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 3, 2015, 02:58 PM
    Yes you can fight for custody but it is a seperate issue. If you havent had a hearing yet on the restraining order then you need to attend that first before the order is made permanent.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2015, 07:13 PM
    Yes of course,

You need an attorney, your attorney will need to address the criminal charges against you, so you don't end up in jail.

You file for custody, (and also visitation until custody hearing is decided)
    Do not get alone with the baby momma, always have someone with you, so there is no chance of new charges.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restraining Order child custody [ 2 Answers ]

I have partial custody with my ex whom I have a restraining order on. I have my son on weekends because me and the ex live about an hour away and the judge wanted him to go to school in the larger city. Anyway there is a three day weekend this week and I was wondering if that would count as part of...

Restraining order and child custody [ 2 Answers ]

If I were to get a restraining order on my spouse, who is currently keeping my kids from me (who happen to be infants, one has a strong bond with me, my bond with the younger one is still growing and has been interrupted due to this), would this give me full temporary custody of them? I don't want...

Domestic violence restraining order [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had a fall out with a friend and he filed a domestic violence restraining order but stated we didn't date (which is true ). Will the case be dismissed based on improper filing and I also have a civil harassment restraining order against this individual and I have proof he's been served...

Restraining order and child custody [ 1 Answers ]

What if me and my husband have a restraining order and I have sole legal custody and never showed up in court. We both did not show up in court. Do the current orders stay in effect or what happens?

Mother of child attempting to take custody based on false abuse allegations [ 26 Answers ]

My brother lives in FL. He has a 2 yr old and shares custody with the mother. The mother is really making his life hell. In the past 2 yrs, she has changed his daughter's last name to hers without him knowing; she has kept his daughter from him, including holidays (this was prior to the agreement...

View more questions Search